Pacific Cove Properties
We are seeking a skilled and driven individual to provide development expertise to our Vancouver head office team and to help grow our in-house development capability. If you feel that you can excel in building relationships, enjoy working in a team environment, and have a passion for devising creative and practical solutions to complicated problems, we welcome you to apply for this position.
What you are great at doing:
- Identifying and envisioning ideas for new development projects.
- Conducting due diligence on proposed projects considering the following: land use and zoning requirements, geo-technical considerations, civil infrastructure limitations, site layout, building design, construction specifications,
and cost estimates.
- Developing project scope, capital and operating budgets, lending parameters, risk profiles and development and construction schedules, and working closely with stakeholders to determine where efficiencies, compromises and/or alternatives can be utilized in order to achieve the desired financial outcome for each project.
- Writing scopes of work and coordinating the preparation of additional documents to support consultant services and construction contracts. Leading contract negotiations and following up with any paperwork required to bind the contractual terms.
- Providing project leadership and guidance to third party project collaborators and other project team members. Meeting with the development teams on a regular basis, conducting on-site visits where necessary and resolving project issues as they arise.
- Overseeing and monitoring the progress of existing projects including schedules, budgets, and financial and lending metrics. Administering, reviewing and approving progress payments and funding, and approving adjustments to contracts where required.
- Providing management with regular status updates. Sharing any issues of concern, and providing recommendations and solutions to senior management or executive members for consideration.
- Leading the finalization of projects to allow for occupancy, ensuring the smooth transition of projects from development to the commencement of occupancy.
What you need to be successful:
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of project management philosophies, theories and principles, including project scoping, budget development/financial management, scheduling, quality assurance, risk management and project team coordination.
- Experience working with municipalities and various levels of authorities to negotiate, coordinate and further the progress of various projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of real estate property development and construction, and related business concepts, processes and practices.
- Ability to coordinate planning, design development, construction and due diligence activities within a framework for a range of projects, and balance diverse interests, risks and benefits in achieving project objectives.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging issues, strategize options, form solutions, mitigate risks and make effective decisions, using a high degree of judgment and business insight.
- Ability to prepare detailed and complex reports on real estate property and planning, design, development and construction matters.
- Effective interpersonal, project leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to communicate ideas and issues with a broad range of audiences, including industry professionals, clients, partners and stakeholders.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of current business applications, particularly complex spreadsheets, scheduling management and project management software.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Graduate, BEng or Urban Planning designation required.
Little Harvard Learning Center Ltd. Salary: $18.00/Hourly Job Type: Full Time, Permanent Start Date: As soon as possible Language: English Minimum Education: High School Positions A [...]
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedule [...]
Unified Valve Group is looking for a detailed oriented, hardworking Inside Sales Representative for our Grande Prairie branch who thrives in a technical role that requires a high level of attention to [...]
Salary$$16HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week Terms of employment Permanent Full time Day, Night Start date As soon as possible Vacancies 1 Vacancy Job no. 1217404 Source Job [...]