A field technician working for DC industries will be commissioning lighting control systems in new construction projects and lighting renovation projects as a 3rd party commissioning contractor.
The role requires a technical background dealing with Windows OS, Linux OS, and a variety of computer software. Through the use of a laptop the technicians will address devices installed on projects dealing with the lighting control. These devices work using the DALI protocol and will all need to be accounted for when completing the site commissioning. This position also requires working directly with the electrical contractor and electricians to solve onsite deficiencies of the installed hardware.
Once completed the servers will then be installed in the panels and launched so the technician can verify the functionality of all the completed areas and test for any errors and or omissions made. Finally receiving a verification walk through sign off from the client and closing out the project. This position will entail about 80% cross Canada and international travel, and the other 20% located on projects in the GTA.
Training and equipment is provided in office and onsite. This also comes with the potential to deal with a number of different lighting systems on the market.
Building Lighting Control System Commissioning (Fifth Light Technology Lighting Control Systems)
Working onsite in a construction atmosphere
Addressing DALI Devices installed in the field for the lighting control system
Working the electrical contractor and electricians to correct all the onsite wiring and hardware deficiencies
Troubleshooting onsite DALI device addressing and deficiencies
Keeping detailed and organized documentation to keep track of progress and deficiencies
Safety awareness in the field for onsite hazards and electrical safety
Launching the completed sections panel to run the lighting control system
Ability to travel to the USA and across Canada for 2 – 3 weeks at a time
Local travel to sites in the GTA · Completing weekly time logs and expense reports
Working solely on projects and with a group
Safety orientated when onsite
Reliable to meet strict deadlines when planning schedules for onsite work
Able to be on call one week a month for the 24/7 service support and respond to client issues within 24 hours (travel may be required)
Skills & Experience
Electrical / Electronic Engineering
DALI protocol / Low Voltage Control Systems
Lighting control system knowledge
Ability to follow electrical drawings
Microsoft Office proficient (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Linux operating systems
Windows operating systems and settings
Excellent contractor skills dealing with onsite contractors
Organized and detail oriented
Clear communication abilities in person and via emails
Low voltage DC testing equipment and know how
Some knowledge of architectural electrical wiring
Some prior field technician work experience (1-5 Years)
please send your resume to [email protected] citing the position being sought.
The Role The Client Success Manager (CSM) at FIND uses their exceptional relationship skills to engage and retain FIND’s clients. The CSM is the first point of contact after a client is acquired, [...]
We are seeking someone that is comfortable to direct or just to assist the director in our Before and After School program which we operate in a classroom in Wiltse Elementary School. This is a "hands [...]
Save-On-Foods is all about community, and at our stores, we take pride on going the extra mile for our customers and being an active member of our community. We’re looking for World Class team membe [...]
We are a small home studio start up looking to expand and grow. Looking for a motivated and skilled Eyelash Technician to grow with our new beauty studio. Must be qualified in classic and volume. [...]