Approximate Duration: 12 to 18 months
Responsible to develop, coordinate, implement, promote, and evaluate a diversified program of recreation activities for residents based on and responsive to their abilities, strengths, needs, interests, and former lifestyles
- College Diploma in Recreation required.
- Completed courses in special populations and Therapeutic Recreation - Preferred
- A minimum of 6 months current experience in the recreation field working with special populations preferably in a long term care setting.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Valid First Aid Certificate - Required
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and skill. E.g. Microsoft Word, Outlook
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate – Condition of Employment
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing the duties of the position, have an excellent rapport with people and demonstrated working ability with Senior Citizens.
- Must have a good attendance record.
Currently scheduled 20 hours days/afternoons and may be required to work days, evenings and nights, including weekends.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Approximate Duration: 24 to 30 months Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collab [...]
- Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalitie [...]
- Please note this is a temporary, part-time position with standard hours of 16 per week. It is subject to overtime and shift rotation, including evenings and weekends. Approximate Duration: 4 [...]
- Approximate Duration: 12 - 18 months Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collabo [...]