Posting Date Apr 09, 2019
Job Number 190011Z2
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, 100 Harbour Road, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Delta Hotels and Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you’ll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you.
With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Delta Hotels.
Putting People First
Is not just a tagline, it’s a reality. Come and join a team of talented hospitality professionals who care about our guests and each other. Our incredible team provides exceptional service and makes having fun at work a priority.
Taking Care of Me
We provide exceptional benefits that allow you to take care of yourself as well as you take care of our guests.
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Discounts on hotel rooms, spa services, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
- Free parking & use of our fitness facilities
What you’ll be doing
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries and account for incoming freight based on invoice and receiving reports.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Receive, store, ship, and deliver incoming and outgoing department packages and mail.
- Secure the receiving room and its contents, ensuring safekeeping of packages.
- Verify quantity and condition of packages upon receipt prior to delivery to guest.
- Communicate with departments regarding received packages.
- Maintain accurate tracking system on all shipping and receiving transactions, including receiving guest signatures for received packages.
- Communicate with proper management regarding any loss or damage with packages.
What we’re looking for
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Previous receiving experience is a big plus
- A warm, smart, positive, organized and genuine personality
- Puts people first
- Great communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Your previous colleagues loved working with you
- Solving problems is your jam
- You can multi-task in a dynamic environment
- You are able to stand or walk for extended periods of time
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds. Standing or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required.
We Value These Things; Do You?
Putting People First, Pursuing Excellence, Embracing Change, Acting with Integrity and Serving Our World. If yes, come and join our team!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Notification to Applicants: Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call (phone hidden) or email [email protected] and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
Le conseiller aux ventes d'outillage industrielle aura comme tâche de répondre aux clients, leur conseiller les meilleurs outils correspondant à leur besoin, faire des commandes d'achat, des soumis [...]
WHO WE ARE: Drive with Uber and get paid weekly in fares by helping our community of riders get around town. Driving with Uber is a great way to earn cash on your schedule. The more you drive, the mo [...]
Toronto offices looking to fill SUMMER positions in entry level customer sales and service Student applicants should be positive, friendly, and working in a team atmosphere Part time and Full time are [...]
No passengers. No bosses. Just you, your tunes, and the road. Sign up now and start making money! Deliver food and other items from local merchants to hungry customers. * Be your own boss. Work [...]