Mainstay Housing supports people living with mental illness and substance use issues who are deeply affected by poverty, and provides them with housing. We are a private non-profit housing corporation, which owns and manages 41 buildings with over 900 units.
This position reports to a Manager, Building Services, and will be responsible for janitorial, grounds, snow removal, refuse removal and maintenance services.
You will be scheduled to work half days of Caretaker duties and half days of Maintenance Worker duties, assigned as a floater between numerous buildings throughout the city, to cover co-workers’ absences and enhance capacity of the department of Caretakers and Maintenance Workers.
- Ensuring that assigned work orders are completed in a timely and accurate manner consistent with required standards;
- Plumbing, carpentry, and minor mechanical repair & services;
- Assisting the Manager, Building Services in the identification and resolution of maintenance and repair issues affecting the facilities, grounds and furnishings of Mainstay Housing properties.
- Daily and cyclical, quality cleaning of lobbies, corridors, stairwells, site offices, public washrooms, elevator cabs, meeting and common rooms, mechanical and storage rooms, caretaker’s closets, garages, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with Mainstay Housing staff, tenants, and contractors
The position involves travel throughout the City of Toronto. The selected candidate must be able to work evening and weekends when on-call after hours duty is required. Working conditions include some lifting, and exposure to outside weather conditions. Some building environments are not smoke-free and most do not have elevators.
- Three years’ experience in professional cleaning and building maintenance, trades, and repairs or renovations;
- Skills in carpentry, plumbing, electrical & mechanical repairs, and a knowledge of repair methods, materials & technology;
- Good knowledge about building systems and operations;
- Experience safely operating large maintenance and cleaning equipment including table saws, routers, snow blowers, garbage machinery, steam cleaners, power washing machinery, wet and dry vacuums, buffers, floor strippers, etc;
- Physically able to lift 50lbs, manage stairs, & be mobile on feet, with work shoes/safety boots, most of your 7-hour day
- Experience in lock changes, and ability to perform repairs due to wear and tear and vandalism;
- Knowledge of cleaning products and their appropriate applications (e.g. WHMIS 2015);
- Clear driver’s license and vehicle to facilitate movement between sites;
- Initiative to work independently;
- Good verbal, written, and literacy skills to interact effectively with Mainstay staff, tenants, and contractors
- Sensitivity to working with tenants of supportive housing;
requirement: g2+ must know to to drive good. i will test u 10 hours a day max ....no less than 8hrs per day payment 140$ per day. not by hour can work any day. monday to friday ..also can work 2 days [...]
Join The Hottest Wellness Trend & Next Billion Dollar Industry TODAY! Be your own BOSS. Help people and get rich doing it! FREE to join! No start up costs No gimmicks No GOTCHAS! FREE websites No inve [...]
Are you in Muskoka over the summer? Looking for a full time job? Do you like the sound of 15-20 dollars an hour (Depending on experience), 40-50 hours a week? Do you like working outdoors getting tann [...]
Hi there, We are in the Bidding and Tender Season!!! Are you still looking for more projects? Are you expanding and interested in finding projects in the institutional, commercial and industrial sec [...]