Underground Shop Helper
· Work for a global mining organization widely recognized for its commitment to safety and quality
· Join a team of maintenance professionals and continue to add to your maintenance skill set
· Be part of an organization that protects the environment and forms strong community partnerships - Yellowknife
About the role
We are looking for an Underground Shop Helper to assist our mechanics with general maintenance activities in order to maximize equipment availability and ensure that all equipment is clean and organized.
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual who enjoys working in a team environment,
and has a desire to enhance his/her maintenance skill set. Working a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off roster and reporting to the Supervisor Mobile Maintenance, you will be:
· Keeping shop work areas clean and free of safety hazards and vigilantly upholding Rio Tinto’s established safety practices
· Steam cleaning equipment according to established procedures and within DDMI safety and environmental guidelines
· Assembling, disassembling, and transferring equipment in and out of the maintenance facility
· Reporting any steam cleaning, housekeeping, safety, or environmental issues promptly to the shift supervisor
· Providing any additional general assistance as directed by leaders
To succeed in this role, you will have:
· General literacy and numeracy skills
· A valid provincial driver’s permit
· Ability to take initiative and work independently in a results-oriented environment
· Commitment to communicating effectively and working safely at all times
It will also be beneficial if you have:
· Grade 12 high school or general equivalency diploma is an asset
· One year of prior related maintenance experience
Where you will be working
Located in the Northwest Territories of Canada, the Diavik Diamond Mine is a producer of gem-quality diamonds. At Diavik, a strong focus is placed on protecting the local environment, as well as supporting communities through employment and education.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including a range of Rio Tinto benefits, as well as the sought after opportunity to develop and expand upon your knowledge and experience with a world leader in the industry.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
If you are looking for change, a new career and would like to work for a successful global organization, join us today.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Northern residency and experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the North, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the DDMI Participation Agreement Groups and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut Territories. Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
Job Closes: March 6th, 2019
Diamond Production - Operator Be part of a global mining organization with a strong focus on safetyWork with an exceptional team of operations and maintenance people [...]
Procurement Business Partner - Key role in a diverse and global procurement organization; - Previous experience in customer facing procurement role - Role based in Kitimat, B [...]
Opérateurs de production (plusieurs postes à combler) - Opportunité de travailler dans une entreprise de renommée mondiale; - Poste offrant de nombreux défis et un environnement stimulant; [...]
Construction Coordinator • Opportunity to work for global company • Our culture is inclusive, exciting and performance-driven • Role based in Labrador City About the role We are lo [...]