Contact North | Contact Nord helps educationally underserved Ontarians in 600 small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities get a degree, diploma, certificate or upgrade their skills via online learning without leaving their communities. We provide services in English and French. For more information, visit www.contactnorth.ca.
Contact North | Contact Nord is seeking a positive, energetic and organized individual to fill the following part-time position:
STUDENT RECRUITMENT & SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE – Haliburton
Competition # 19-11-HALI
Reporting to the Online Learning Recruitment Officer, the Student Recruitment & Services Representative position is based out of our Haliburton online learning centre.
The successful candidate will:
- Actively support the Online Learning Recruitment Officer (OLRO) to recruit students by responding to e-mail and telephone inquiries at the online learning centre, booking appointments for the OLRO and supporting the OLRO in other recruitment activities as needed.
- Directly recruit students in the community following the standard recruitment process and build local community partnerships to act as referral sources as requested by the OLRO and within parameters set by the OLRO.
- Prepare and maintain the online learning centre to support students using the centre.
- Provide technical support to students using the learning technologies and computer workstations at the online learning centre and accessing the web conferencing platform from home.
- Enter and update complete and accurate data in the customer relationship management (CRM) tool ensuring all required fields are populated on a daily and ongoing basis and record data on Requests for Services responded to at the online learning centre each Friday afternoon.
- Coordinate logistics and supervise examinations at the online learning centre in accordance with the Examination Policy and Procedures.
- Provide support and technical services to students studying from home.
- A Secondary School Diploma with preference given to those with a post-secondary credential in a related field such as office administration, business administration, executive assistant.
- 1-3 years customer service experience in fields such as retail, call centre, banks/insurance companies.
- 1-3 years experience in a sales position, such as retail, call centre, business sales, banks/insurance companies.
- The ability to function verbally and in writing in both English and French (bilingual) is considered an asset
- Experience with, or a willingness, to learn to use a variety of learning technologies such as audio, video and web conferencing.
- Able to take full responsibility for key assigned areas of student services process while working with minimal supervision.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous data entry experience.
- Experience with or knowledge of online learning.
- Sound functional knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and diplomacy through contact with students, faculty/instructors, local host and other community stakeholders.
WE ARE HIRING! General Labour Position in our service shop. We complete general repairs to all trailers, from 1000 lb capacity to transport trailers. Including full service of our KEITH® WALKING FLOO [...]
Drewlo Holdings is a family owned and operated company that has been in business for 60 years. We are located in London, Sarnia, Woodstock, Kitchener and Burlington. THE POSITION: On-call Snow Plow [...]
South Fort has an opening for a full-time or part-time lot attendant at our busy dealership in Fort Saskatchewan. If you are looking for an entrance to the automotive industry, this is a perfect place [...]
Looking for steady, consistent work with great pay and equipment? Pro-Ex Transport Systems is seeking Lower Mainland area based experienced class 1 drivers and owner operators for dedicated NC tri [...]