BMO Financial Group
- Has end to end accountability for the successful completion of the program/project. Directs and coordinates team members in creation of program/project deliverables. Works with HR and Communications stakeholders to drive change, talent, and communications planning.
- Possesses an understanding of multiple LOBs and directs sub-project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants, and contractors and vendors.
- Creates and owns the plan consisting of staffing, budgets, roles and responsibilities, assumptions, dates, deliverables, metrics and reporting.
- Cultivates and supports an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale,
integrity, teamwork and work-life balance.
- Provides leadership, motivation, coaching, and professional development for project teams in order to obtain a high level of co-operation and contribution from all project members.
- Provides expert consultation and guidance to others to help them deal with complex problems.
- Analyzes trends to proactively prevent problems.
- Monitors program health continuously and engages management as required if project health changes.
- Rigorously manages project scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters, with an enterprise perspective.
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit, and oversees governance controls to ensure that projects/programs meet all the performance, quality and compliance standards and conforms to appropriate methodology.
- Identifies and tracks project risk and develops mitigation plans to manage risk (i.e. risk related to technology, change management, procurement, business process management, requirements management).
- Supports project management activities following BMO’s project management methodology and practices.
- Reports administrative and financial metrics back to Business Sponsors and related stakeholders to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Establishes effective project or program oversight and other governance bodies, and engages the appropriate stakeholders to support the direction of the project or program and enable superior customer experience.
- Contributes to the development of the seed funding request by ensuring project scope and benefits are clearly articulated and risks are identified.
- Works in close partnership with Finance and key stakeholders for monthly reporting requirements (i.e. Finance, compliance, Status, Issues Management).
- Manages and/or validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenses.
- Develops an understanding of organizational complexity to interact and engage with the appropriate matrix areas for the construction and delivery of the solution.
- Develops innovative approaches to create solutions to resolve problems and significant issues within the project’s mandate.
- Identifies, develops, and/or promotes best practices and applies learnings from the more fluid parts of the business.
- Develops and recommends productivity aids in all aspects of assignments to accelerate delivery.
- Seeks to integrate digital methods for agile, rapid prototyping, and for customer involvement.
- Supports the execution of key improvement initiatives using data-driven insights to deliver positive financial and customer outcomes.
- Continuously improves program/project processes in order to ensure the best possible deliverable outcome to improve overall efficiency and improve the bank.
- Closes project or program spending accounts upon project closure
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- Generally 7-10 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Experience in managinglarge-scale projects or programs of significant complexity and high value ($1MM-$10MM) with low to moderate risk and low value ($250K-$1MM) with high risk
- Expert level of knowledge in domain
- Able to connect programs to broader organization goals.
- Possesses understanding of business processes within the line of business and aware of what is going on within the industry.
- Demonstrated agility in learning and ability
- Core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK (i.e. Project Management Institute's PM Body Of Knowledge).
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) if applicable).
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Sound business supported by previous technical experience.
- Possesses relationship management and consulting skills.
- Possesses solid presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses expert analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to analyze a component or components of a process to optimize system functionality.
- Possesses change management skills, including identifying people, processes, and technology implications to various end users / stakeholders and designing the change and implementation plan.
- Able to identify and/or recommend opportunities create/contribute to tactical and strategic vision.
- Able to deal with complex business or technical issues and make appropriate trade-offs/escalations as required, while maintaining an overall project or program perspective
- Able to translate technology issues into business terminology and visa-versa
This role is at McCowan and 7 and is a full time role. Mandarin and Cantonese language skills are preferred. You have a passion for helping others. As a Personal Banking Associate, you will focus on [...]
Under the direction of the Divisional Manager of Sales, the Regional Sales Manager role is responsible for providing strategic leadership of the growth of BMO’s Digital Wealth Business. The Region [...]
The Credit Analyst will be a key member of a 3 person deal team in Corporate Finance - a team that includes a Senior Account Manager and Senior Relationship Manager. The Credit Analyst will be respons [...]
Location: Essex, Ontario At BMO, our customers are front and center in everything we do. After all, money is personal, and a bank should be too. If you are looking to make your mark in the mortgage [...]