BMO Financial Group
The Lead Applications Software Developer (Java Enterprise Applications and Messaging Technologies) is accountable for leading projects through the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications to ensure and/or maintain alignment with the Lines of Business strategies in the Corporate and Commercial Lending area.
· Writes code according to accepted standards based on user requirements to meet the business need.
· Recommend software solutions to emerging needs in the Corporate and Commercial Lending area.
· Work with engineers and other cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Enterprise Architecture and Risk teams etc.
to develop innovative solutions that meet the business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
· Liaises with third party vendors, when appropriate, to ensure that the integration of third party products and existing applications and systems is practical and feasible given the underlining technologies.
· Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
· Provides coaching and guidance to team members in order to foster professional development of the Application Software Development staff.
· Leads process and application improvement opportunities to improve the reliability and extensibility of the application and to improve the overall Service Level Agreement (SLA).
· Presents solutions to internal governance groups in order to gain approval for the design and communicates the outcomes of these presentations to the project/work teams to keep them updated on the governance process
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in applied technologies and/or 8+ years systems analysis and programming experience with extensive business knowledge
- Experience leading a small team of 3-7 developers is a must have
- Ability to create and present detailed and high level design documents
- Possesses solid analytical skills for complex problem solving.
- Ability to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications.
- Exhibits solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates solid independence and team-lead skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to dig into new applications and document how they operate
- Ability to extrapolate when troubleshooting new technology
- Experience interacting directly with business users and familiarity translating business requirements into technology actions
- Innovative nature and attitude towards making systems better through design and architecture Data warehousing
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in a Service-Oriented Architecture environment
- Strong hands on experience in Core Java, OOPS, Multithreading, Java concurrency and J2EE technologies including JMS.
- Possesses expert knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
- Excellent database knowledge - SQL/Stored Procs/Views etc- preferably with Oracle
- Working knowledge of NOSQL databases like MONGODB/Neo4j/HADOOP (optional)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux commands and shell scripting (optional)
- Ability to work on enterprise sized projects with complex network topologies including cloud.
- Experience building distributed enterprise applications with JAVA technologies
- Expert level knowledge/experience designing messaging structures (XML/SOAP/REST) for SOA applications
- Expert level knowledge/experience designing and developing Web Services and associated consumer
- Experience consuming real-time feeds / messages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery system, e.g Maven.
This role is at McCowan and 7 and is a full time role. Mandarin and Cantonese language skills are preferred. You have a passion for helping others. As a Personal Banking Associate, you will focus on [...]
Under the direction of the Divisional Manager of Sales, the Regional Sales Manager role is responsible for providing strategic leadership of the growth of BMO’s Digital Wealth Business. The Region [...]
The Credit Analyst will be a key member of a 3 person deal team in Corporate Finance - a team that includes a Senior Account Manager and Senior Relationship Manager. The Credit Analyst will be respons [...]
Location: Essex, Ontario At BMO, our customers are front and center in everything we do. After all, money is personal, and a bank should be too. If you are looking to make your mark in the mortgage [...]