BMO Financial Group
This role is at City Place and is a guaranteed 18.75 hours a week.
You have a passion for helping others. As a Customer Service Representative, you will support customer requests related to banking services including handling transactions and supporting customers who walk into the branch.
By proactively identifying customer needs and initiating referrals to appropriate team members, you will contribute to the results and the overall experience delivered in the branch. You will look for ways to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the overall branch customer experience.
- Be a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch & market team
- Welcome warmly customers & meet their banking service needs including transactions, with seamless execution
- Offer advice and guidance on the digital and self-serve options available with the goal of making it easy, simple and fast to bank with BMO
- Review the customer profile and engage customers in a needs based conversation to identify potential opportunities and address every day banking plans and credit card needs
- Initiate referrals to the appropriate team member to ensure that BMO is able to address all of the customer needs
- Take the initiative and find creative approaches to make each customer’s experience feel personal
- Support required operational activities, including, but not limited to: inventory management, escalated service requests, following up on customer applications, filing, opening & closing activities
- Independently manage, load & reconcile cash transactions between treasury and various branch units (e.g., CRU, etc…)
- Follow through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers’ assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensure an effectively run branch
- Protect the Bank's assets and comply with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements
What we’re looking for:
- Passionate commitment to helping our customers
- Basic knowledge of specialized sales and business banking solutions to refer to specialists
- A focus on delivering a personal experience to customers
- Resourceful self-starter with courage and confidence to approach customers
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges
- Spends up to 100% of time on conversations and requests related to banking services, including handling transactions and supporting customers who walk into the branch.
- May also spend a small amount of time providing operational support for the branch when customer traffic is light
- Projects a professional presence; proactively engages customers in complete conversations about their personal banking needs; listens actively to understand customer needs, clearly explains potential solutions and their benefit to the customer
- Learns quickly and is motivated to apply new knowledge
- Is collaborative, enjoys helping others and being part of a team
- Identifies opportunities for referrals and makes smooth hand offs to partners in BMO FG
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Completion of internal BMO training program, including customer experience and conversation training.
- High-level knowledge of personal, commercial and partner offers, and how each can best serve customers’ individual needs
- Confident and at ease in the use of social media, tablets, Smart phones, online tools, and applications
- Highly skilled at helping people who don’t find digital applications intuitive to gain confidence in how to use them and to understand their benefits
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This role is at McCowan and 7 and is a full time role. Mandarin and Cantonese language skills are preferred. You have a passion for helping others. As a Personal Banking Associate, you will focus on [...]
Under the direction of the Divisional Manager of Sales, the Regional Sales Manager role is responsible for providing strategic leadership of the growth of BMO’s Digital Wealth Business. The Region [...]
The Credit Analyst will be a key member of a 3 person deal team in Corporate Finance - a team that includes a Senior Account Manager and Senior Relationship Manager. The Credit Analyst will be respons [...]
Location: Essex, Ontario At BMO, our customers are front and center in everything we do. After all, money is personal, and a bank should be too. If you are looking to make your mark in the mortgage [...]