It’s Your Career. Drive It!
Are you looking for an exciting career in a fast paced and dynamic work environment? Join a company with a passion for innovation and customer service that rewards performance through competitive bonus programs and internal growth opportunities. Discount Car and Truck Rentals is a Canadian owned and operated company. We are a renowned industry leader with over 300 offices across Canada. As a result of our continued growth and success, we are currently searching for new team members in North York (Finch Ave. West and Hwy. 400) to join our Claims Team!Claims Administrative Assistant
Apply now at www.discountcar.com/careers
The objective of this position is the efficient and accurate day-to-day handling of new, incoming claims and ensuring collections of outstanding payments on a timely basis.
- Receive and review incoming claims including Incident Reports and Police Reports.
- Receive and review all correspondence received from third parties and renters’ insurers.
- Handle incoming telephone calls including claims inquiries, complete third party reports in detail, update file with insurer information, etc.
- Review all documentation in claim file, i.e. accident report, police report.
- Request any missing documentation as needed.
- Determine location of loss and establish liability.
- Determine all exposures based on legislation in place, i.e. Third party, Property Damage, Bodily Injury, Passenger Hazard, Accident Benefits and forward all claims with these exposures as required.
- Based on fault determination, contract violations, and CDW deductibles, determine recoverability of company damages.
- Proactively handle all recovery claims, including first party subrogation carriers, third-party insurers, and sending Notice of Intent on all files.
- Order police reports through Insurance Search Bureau
- Update data in Claims Database as new information is received.
- Upon receipt of paid repair invoices on a recoverable file, calculate total repairs, loss of use charge and administration fee and issue demand letter to responsible party, as necessary.
- Place initial follow-up call and create a diary entry to ensure prompt and frequent follow-up, until file is paid and closed, or, as a last resort, prepare for third-part collections.
- Updating files re: payments, prepare A/R adjustments as necessary.
- Other related duties as necessary for the accomplishment of the position.
- Post secondary graduate
- Previous claims experience, car rental and/or auto claims handling experience is an asset
- Sound computer skills
- Professional verbal and writing skills are a must
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive benefits package
- On site gym facilities free for our employees
- Career advancement opportunities
- Discounted rates on car and truck rentals
- Immediate enrolment in the Discount Incentive program giving you discounted rates on home and auto insurance, clothing, sporting events and more
- Ongoing training program to give you the tools you need to succeed
Apply now at www.discountcar.com/careers
Discount Car and Truck Rentals is an equal opportunity employer.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please advise your Recruitment Specialist to ensure your requirements are met.
Discount Car and Truck Rentals Ltd.
How would you like to live and work in beautiful Banff, AB! Our company has serviced the Banff and Canmore area for over 33 years. We are looking to hire a Journeyman Plumber/Gasfitter, Service Techn [...]
START IMMEDIATELY!!! CASH $16 / Hr + Gas Full time & Part time Positions Available Immediately. Requirements: -You MUST Have a 1/2 Ton Truck & Smartphone - Must be able to lift / move furniture ar [...]
we are looking for part time kitchen helper from Thursday to Sunday 4PM -11PM pay in cash please call 416-898 4219 [...]
LPN needed to join our team at family care medical center should be : . Experience not less than 2 years required . Must be fluent in english . Speaking and writing vietnamese is preferred [...]