About the Position:
Assistant Building Managers report to the Regional Manager or Property Manager and they play a supportive role in the successful operations of our apartment complexes and in the overall success of Timbercreek. This role is primarily responsible for assisting the Building Manager in achieving operational, maintenance and leasing objectives. This role can be part-time or full-time and is a live-in position.
- Ensure that a superior level of co-operation, service and support is provided to residents
- Promptly respond to resident issues and service requests
- Assist Building Managers in showing prospective residents available suites
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the building when the Building Managers are off duty
- Ability to complete appliance repairs, routine plumbing repairs, repairs and maintenance requiring carpentry skills, painting, and basic electrical repairs, safely use and maintain tools of the job
- Assist at month end with "move-in" and "move-out" procedures
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the Building
- Perform all facets of the job in accordance with the legislation applicable to the jurisdiction, including: Health and Safety standards, WHMIS, AODA, PIPEDA and Human Rights
- All other duties within the scope of the job, as requested by management.
- Must be willing to live-in
Education & Experience:
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- 1 - 2 years of related experience in a customer service or related role
- Must be willing to live on-site
- Flexibility to work on-call on a rotating schedule (evenings & weekends)
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi, Email, Internet)
- Proficient with use of basic handheld and electrical tools
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, drywall, carpentry, painting, etc.
- Exposure to the multi-residential or other related industry asset class would be considered an asset
- WHMIS certification would be an asset
- Experience with Fire Life Safety & Building Inspections would be an asset
- Knowledge of current laws, legislation and rights concerning residents would be an asset
- Building/Property Maintenance experience would be an asset
- A commitment to "Best in Class" Customer Service
- A professional demeanor with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated high degree of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond to issues appropriately
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment
- Ability to remain calm and focused in high pressure situations
- Self-motivated individual with a can-do and no task is too big or too small attitude
- Superior organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
About the Company:
Timbercreek Asset Management Inc. (“TAMI”) is a privately-owned investment firm who actively owns and manages our multi-family residential buildings with experienced professionals. Our roots started in 1999 with our founding partners managing the day-to-day operations of the buildings themselves. Since then Timbercreek has expanded across Canada. Today we are a $6 billion multi-faceted investment management company focused on both domestic and international real estate investment. Over the past few years TAMI has been ranked multiple times by PROFIT Magazine as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies.
Timbercreek Communities (“TCOM”), a division of TAMI, currently manages a quality portfolio of over 200 multi-family residential buildings totaling over 20,000 residential suites well located in thirty cities and six provinces across Canada, including throughout Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.
We are the leading owner and operator of multi-family residential communities across Canada. Timbercreek takes pride in ownership and an active hands-on approach to how we manage our communities. We are committed to working together collaboratively with our team and community members to create better living experiences.
Timbercreek Asset Management Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All selected candidates will be asked to complete pre-employment criminal & background checks. Any offer of employment is conditional upon satisfactory results of all applicable checks. We thank all applicants for their submissions.
Alexander's Restaurant has an opening for a line cook. Job entails preparing meals in restaurant kitchen. must have at least two years' experience. Bring in resume or come in and fill out an applicati [...]
Message en français à suivre: Learn Music Montreal is currently recruiting qualified music teachers. (all styles and instruments) including: voice, drums, percussion, guitar, bass, ukulele, piano, [...]
We are a world-class poultry services company looking to grow our catching team. This is an entry-level opportunity with LOTS of potential to advance upwards. Other Details: - No experience necessary [...]
Conseiller en soutien technique (centre d’appels) – Rimouski Nous cherchons des gens motivés pour combler plusieurs postes tels que celui-ci. Vous aimeriez en savoir davantage et voir tous les [...]