MSC MEDITERRANEAN SHIPPING COMPANY (CANADA
Vessel Operations Representative
Interested in being a part of the msc family?
Who is MSC? Behind every one of our containers, our 600 container vessels, sailing on over 200 trade routes, you’ll also find a whole lot of company with people that love what they do and the company they work for.
Working at MSC, you are part of a continuously evolving organization. Employees don’t only facilitate ocean transport, they aspire and achieve professional growth.
- Are you passionate or interested in learning about maritime shipping & logistics?
- Are you entrepreneurial at heart and want to be a part of a family owned company?
- Are you a people person who cares for others?
- Are you a dedicated and committed individual who believes in continuously evolving?
If so, read below to see if this position is right for you!
The Vessel Operations team is responsible to provide all assigned land-based transportation within the set timelines by providing optimal service along with efficient turnaround of containers from import to export in Canada. This team also works with internal and external stakeholders to ensure complete compliance with Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) regulations and timelines. They must process with extreme accuracy within timeliness all importing container documentation and handle daily requests to ensure efficient release of our customers’ containers.
Providing an excellent customer experience for clients and colleagues in every written and verbal communication, the Vessel Operations Representative is responsible for ensuring effective operations for all vessels and terminals across our Canadian ports. Adhering to vessel and terminal cut-offs, the Vessel Operations Representative creates and provides highly accurate reporting and schedules to various stakeholders both inside and outside the Agency. The Vessel Operations Representative, in the area of door moves, is responsible for all dispatch of door moves, invoicing for additional charges and ensuring the manifested transport amount always matches the transport selling amount.
- Act as liaison between MSC Agency and terminals
- Creating daily reports to all terminals on vessels per service
- Ensure required adjustments to vessel and rail planning based on what is in-gated to the terminal
- Perform daily cleaning of vessel for Rail and terminal by reducing and cancelling bookings
- Carry out Comparative of physical count at terminal vs MSC Link
- Communicate with Customer Service to verify missing VGMs
- Communicate with the Equipment Department list of empty containers for repositioning for final planning with OBL (list of full containers)
- Create, merge, edit and send OBL (list of full containers) to terminal planners (with Manager approval)
- Finalize Hazardous containers. Providing export hazardous rail billing to the terminal
- Reconcile any discrepancies between terminal load list and MSC link
- Create daily Overpayload Report
- Create routings for Bookings Team
- Transmit OBLX to Vessel Planners
- Create discrepancy report upon vessel sailing
- Manage all inquiries pertaining to container Hold, Roll & Pick up
- Create EDI 404 Rail Billing Report
- Create/submit Import Vessel Report submitted to terminals
- Provide Import Reefer Forecast to CN
- Create weekly CN Export Reefer RV’s
- Submit manual Rail billing for Hazardous & Multi B/L containers
- Submit Import hazardous manifest to the POM
- Create daily Reports: Rail Dwell, Linehaul, Doormoves Storage, Mass Notifications
- Dispatching Import & Export Linehauls
- Validate inland rate manifest
- Creating and verifying invoices pertaining to door moves
- Request delivery instructions for door moves from customer
- Dispatch work order to truckers
- Invoice any additional charges incurred during door delivery to customer
Additional tasks may be added or removed based on departmental needs.
Qualifications and Competencies*
All MSC Canada employees are expected to exhibit the MSC Values, striving to drive customer centric results in all interactions with colleagues and customers alike.
- Excellent command in spoken and written English with bilingualism (French and English) preferred.
- Autonomy and initiative.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Shipping/Logistics/Supply Chain.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office applications, knowledge of Power BI (asset).
- Strong communication skills for negotiation and reconciliation.
What We have to offer*
Great people who work hard and look out for each other because we’re a team—it’s that simple!
Just to name a few of our perks:
- 100% health and dental benefits coverage
- RRSP coverage with MSC Canada matching a portion of employee contribution
- Tailored training program opportunities for employee development
- Employee mentorship, leadership and assistance opportunities
- An employee referral incentive program
- Community Involvement
- Gym facility
- Health & Wellness Program
Hurry, and apply now!
MSC Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in MSC Canada however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Vessel Operations Representative - East Coast (Montreal) Interested in being a part of the MSC family? Who is MSC? Behind every one of our containers, our 600 container vessels, sailing on over 200 [...]
Vessel Operations Representative Interested in being a part of the msc family? Who is MSC? Behind every one of our containers, our 600 container vessels, sailing on over 200 trade routes, you’ll [...]
CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE – EXPORT (BOOKINGS FUNCTIONS) Interested in being a part of the MSC family? Who is MSC? Behind every one of our containers, our 600 container vessels, sailing on o [...]
CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE EXPORT (DOCUMENTATION) Interested in being a part of the MSC family? Who is MSC? Behind every one of our containers, our 600 container vessels, sailing on over 200 tra [...]