Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You’ll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm’s people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
Our Total Rewards team plays an important role in supporting the attraction, engagement, and retention of key talent for the Firm. As part of the team, you’ll help develop and administer our total rewards programme by focusing on areas such as competitive benchmarking, tax and regulatory compliance, and incentive design and linkage to performance management.
Important points to consider:
- This is a full-time contract opportunity for 6 months
- Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future: The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients, and communities is our number one priority. Vaccinations have proven to reduce the risk of COVID-19. Effective Friday, October 1, 2021, PwC Canada requires all partners, staff, contractors and visitors to be fully-vaccinated when entering a PwC location, subject to applicable legal exemptions. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating. Read this press release for further details.
What You'll Create And Do
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Benefits, Pension & Wellbeing, the Benefits Administrator is responsible for supporting the on-going administration of all benefits programs. This role will work closely with the Benefits and Pension Specialists on the team and will collaborate closely with other teams within Human Capital including the Human Capital Service Centre, Payroll, HCIT, Partner Experience, Partner Accounting, etc. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing internal client facing support to routine benefit questions and processes. Escalate issues and resolve matters in partnership with Manager, Compensation & Benefits and Benefits/Pension/Disability Specialists
- Transactional support of Benefits processes firm wide, working in collaboration with the Benefits/Pension/Disability Specialists, Partner Accounting, Partner Experience, Payroll, Business Partners (HCBP), and the Professional HC Services Team.
- Responsible for all routine Benefit transactions in Workday, including benefit onboarding and off-boarding, benefit changes, regular audits, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring process updates are completed, templates are maintained and Knowledge Bases documents are updated as necessary
- Understand the full range of Benefits processes and programs available to our people and be able to research ad hoc requests or escalations.
- Communicates with external benefit vendor to resolve employee issues
- Maintain department templates, spreadsheets, files. Assists in maintaining department intranet site
- May review payroll inputs/EIBs prior to payroll cutoff.
- Project assistance as required, and other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to this role
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspective
- Technical knowledge including experience with Workday, Google and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to review own work and others’ for accuracy and completeness, demonstrated exceptional attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills and focus on customer service with the ability to deal with individuals at all levels within the Firm including leadership and retired Partners
- Excellent verbal communication, organizational, time management and listening skills.
- Well-developed written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with a large number of competing activities/tasks with changing priorities.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing demands and pressures.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Excellent judgment and strong problem solving skills.
- Professionalism and integrity and tact
- Ability to perform under time constraints and calmly meet deadlines.
- An undergraduate degree in HR or related discipline preferred.
- Bilingualism is preferred
Why you’ll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit: https://www.pwc.com/ca/whypwc
See how you can create your future at PwC
Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/applytopwc
We take your privacy seriously. To protect your personal information, please submit your application directly through PwC Canada Careers: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers.html
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Every day we see how people make businesses great. But it's not only about skills. If your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, and passionate teams reimagine the possible. Create your future at PwC.
PwC s’engage à bâtir une équipe diversifiée et représentative des collectivités qu’il sert. Nous invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées, sans égard à leur appartenance ethnique, leur race, leur religion, leur sexe, leur orientation sexuelle, leur identité sexuelle, leur statut d’autochtone, leur âge, leur handicap ou leurs besoins en matière d’adaptation du milieu de travail, à présenter leur candidature, qu’il nous fera plaisir d’examiner.
Chaque jour, nous voyons des personnes participer à l'essor des entreprises. Ce n'est pas seulement une question de compétences. Si votre expérience se rapproche de ce que nous recherchons, n'hésitez pas à postuler. Nous sommes conscients que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et que des équipes de passionnés peuvent réinventer le possible. Créez votre avenir chez PwC.
Show more Show less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Payroll and Benefits Administrator (12 months) Toronto, ON About Citco Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldw [...]
Your new company Hays Recruitment has partnered up with a Financial Services company in Toronto, ON. Our client is looking for a 6-month contract Payroll / Benefits Administrator to join their team. [...]
Our client, a children's mental health agency in the City of Toronto, is seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join their team! Working under the supervision of the Senior Manager, HR and Pa [...]
Join our team of talented individuals to create meaningful experiences! L'OCCITANE EN PROVENCE, founded in 1976 in the Provence region of France, is a worldwide brand that offers premium, natural-b [...]