Who is Bronte Construction?
Bronte Construction prides itself on our innovative approach and expert team. Together, we successfully implement quality construction projects, with an embedded environmental focus, that enhance communities for generations. Our team lives and breathes our Foundation Principles which consist of Safety, Balance, Culture, Quality, and Character. Our organization is composed of long-term team members, who are passionate about doing their best work every day, on every site.
How We’re Different
- Annual Rankings for 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 as one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada
- Awards for Environmental Project of the Year 2018
- IHSA COR Certified
- Great health,
dental and vision insurance
- RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on weekly contributions
- Paid Vacation time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays
- Participation in yearly training and career development programs
- Project Performance Bonus Incentives
- Weekly Catering of Breakfast and Lunch
Our Project Coordinators plan and coordinate administrative efforts of her/his assigned construction projects. Project Coordinators are deeply engaged from the start to finish of their assigned projects. Project Coordinators work under the guidance and mentorship of assigned Project Managers and can expect exposure to different types of onsite activities. Project Coordinators ensure construction complies with drawings and project specifications. Bronte Project Coordinator must understand how to effectively use Bronte workplace technology for scheduling/planning and cost controls.
- Assists with scheduling, costs, and safety
- Organization of Material and Subcontractors
- Assists with planning and execution efforts
- Creation, organization, and submission of various documentation
A day in the life
- Assist Project Managers and Site Supervision, in the day-to-day duties of a project’s administration.
- Process contract documents in accordance with the drawings and specifications
- Assist project team in planning/scheduling and specification analysis
- Assist project team in researching and recommending solutions to design document problems, including conflicts, interferences, and errors/omissions.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, Submittals, Shop Drawings, Vendor/Subcontractor Awards, Contact List, etc.)
- Track responses and advise the Project Manager and Site Supervision of the status of RFIs.
- Review shop drawings/submittals received from subcontractors and forward to owner/consultant for approval.
- Process changes received from the Client and/or Consultant
- Manage all required project documentation in both hardcopy and digital – as required
- Assist with subcontracts documentation – as required
- Track project progress and contract execution along with associated documentation to ensure seamless payment procedures.
- Attend or champion project meetings, bi-weekly or as requested, or required.
- Accountable for project notes from project meetings
- Distribute meeting notes among all project stakeholders.
- Organize, coordinate and communicate with all subcontractors
- Effectively addresses problems such as delivery and schedule.
- Act as liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings and related information.
- Monitor fieldwork, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications, and codes.
- Coordinate periodic job-related photographs for records – as required
- Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues. Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspection programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work - as required.
- Coordinate submittals and procure all close-out documents including warranties
- Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents – as required
- Ensure all advertisement requirements as directed in the Daily Commercial News upon achieving Substantial Completion of the project.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by supervision.
- Contribute to a positive working relationship with the Owner and Consultant
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 2+ years of Project Coordination Experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Software Suite
- Must have excellent organizational, administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Technical writing and analytical skills
- Strong Design Software skills
- Basic understanding of Commercial Contracts
- Experience in the creation of project start-up documentation
- Credible knowledge of municipal, provincial design standards
- Valid Ontario Drivers Licence
- Must be willing to travel 90% throughout Ontario
Job Type: Full-time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
View all jobsProject CoordinatorBurlington, ON · Construction/FacilitiesApply Now Project Coordinator 8 story to 10 story projects in the Hamilton area. $60,000-$85,000 plus package About our [...]
Altis is seeking both a Project Manager and Project Coordinator for one of our top clients in Burlington. These roles would focus on the Formwork, working with concrete and steel. Roles and Responsib [...]
Select Stone Supply is growing and we are searching for a Project Coordinator. We are southern Ontario's largest natural stone supplier to landscape and masonry professionals in the Golden Horseshoe a [...]
We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator - Building Science to join our team in our Toronto office. As a Project Coordinator, you will be involved in, building condition assessments, performance [...]