Realize Your Potential Youth Society of Alberta
The Realize Your Potential Youth Society is a comprehensive mentoring and education initiative for the African diaspora's 8 -24-year-old descendants. We offer a variety of programs giving members the skills, knowledge, and motivation to feel empowered, connected, and ready to realize their full potential.
The Student Connect Recruiter collaborates with internal and external partners to execute the recruitment strategy for Realize
Your Potential Youth Society enrolment objectives. The main responsibilities include planning and executing recruitment activities, cultivating relationships with prospects, families, schools, and community organizations to promote Realize Your
Potential Youth Society,
and facilitating the progression from prospect to the applicant to a student.
This role requires working independently and a high degree of flexibility, creativity, initiative, and collaboration.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver presentations and resources to prospective students.
- Outline plan and execute event strategy and other recruitment events as required.
- Recruit and convert leads to achieving enrolment targets and strategic enrolment goals.
- Collaborate with the Program Manager and Marketing Coordinator to promote and market recruitment events and initiatives to students through various promotional vehicles.
- Support the delivery of organization-wide events.
- Deliver information sessions and activities
- Represent Realize Your Potential Youth Society and liaise with other schools/organizations
- Develop and maintain working relationships with high school counsellors, career advisors, external training and education providers, prospective students, parents/guardians, and external audiences.
- Maintain a database of recruitment events.
- Research recruitment initiatives at other educational institutions within Alberta
- Use creativity to develop recruitment initiatives to generate applications and increase conversion.
- Engage qualified leads, coordinate and execute outreach campaigns to persuade prospective students to apply and enroll.
- Measure the impacts of recruitment activities and events to inform future planning.
- Respond to inquiries made in person, by phone, email promptly.
- Inform the Program Manager of emerging issues as necessary.
- Assist students with the application, admission, and registration processes.
- Two (2) years of post-secondary training, completing a community college certificate including trades apprenticeships or equivalent. In Business, Marketing, Communication, or related discipline.
- Driver's License and clean driver's abstract
- 1 - 2 years of related experience
- Experience in the post-secondary sector
- Customer service, sales, marketing or promotion experience
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations (both written and verbal)
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to source, compile and interpret data for presentation to others
- Must be able to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Must be willing to work independently and collaborate with others to achieve goals and objectives
- Proficiency with technology, Microsoft Office, and information systems
- You're comfortable using electronics, computer software, hardware and various other technologies
- Time has excellent communication skills, written and oral, and experience communicating with children and their families
How to Apply
Resume. A cover letter describing why you’re interested in this role is beneficial.
If interested, kindly submit both the cover letter and resume
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
The Realize Your Potential Youth Society https://rypcanada.com/
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer service, sales, marketing, or promotion: 2 years (required)
- communicating with children and their families: 1 year (required)
- delivering presentations: 2 years (required)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position Overview Number of Positions : 1 Language : Bilingualism in English and French is an asset. Work Model : Hybrid Additional Information : The work location for this role is flexible to Ca [...]
Position Overview The Graduate Science Centre in the Faculty of Science is currently seeking a Full-time Regular Graduate Admissions Coordinatorfor approximately 21 months. The Faculty of Scienc [...]
About MRU Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University grew into a vibrant college in the 1930s and became a mid-sized university in 2009. Mount Royal has carved ou [...]
Job Description: About MRU Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University grew into a vibrant college in the 1930s and became a mid-sized university in 2009. Mou [...]