We are a BC based, locally owned and operated healthcare management company, providing 24 hour nursing care and support services for seniors long-term care homes in Greater Vancouver for over a decade. As a team, our staff provides quality health care services in complex care, acquired brain injury, and private pay facilities. We are committed to providing excellent care and maximizing the health and safety of our seniors.
Currently hiring a Recreation Assistant to join our Surrey team!
Job location: Surrey
Employment type: Temporary Full-time (Mat. leave coverage for approximately 18 months) and Casual/On-call positions available
- Reporting to the Recreation Coordinator,
the Recreation Assistant is responsible for the delivery of social, recreational and therapeutic programs that support the cognitive stimulation and functional levels within the five domains: cognitive, physical, emotional, spiritual and social. The Recreation Assistant is supportive of achieving program goals for the specialized populations, and within the Social Model of Care utilizing the person-centered approach.
- Recreation Assistant Diploma or certificate
- Current First Aid and CPR C/AED certification
- Food Safe Level 1 and Serving It Right certifications
- Skilled in the delivery of social/recreational programs that respond to the needs, functional ability, interests and choices of the persons in care;
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in and concern for the well-being of the persons in care and committed to the provision of services through a social model of care;
- Solid understanding of the intent and philosophy of the programs;
- Demonstrates success working in a team environment and with volunteers;
- Able to plan and deliver programs effectively;
- Able to work and manage time efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Fluent in English with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Proficient in MS Office and Internet Explorer in a Windows environment;
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of this position.
As of May 15, 2020 in order to mitigate the risk of the transmission of COVID-19 among persons in our care, patients, residents and also staff in our long-term care facilities, an order under the Public Health Act was enacted to limit movement of staff between long-term care facilities.
While this order is in place, staff are limited to working in only one (1) private long-term care hospital (facility), licensed long-term care facility, registered assisted living facility, stand-alone extended care hospital, or provincial mental health facility. The order does not apply to home support, acute care hospitals or extended care units physically located within acute care hospitals.
This vacancy is located at a licensed long-term care facility and will be pursuant to this order.
Please note that as a result of the Single Site Order, the current hourly rates are temporary and are in place for the duration of the single worksite restriction period or until further directions from the Ministry of Health.
Contract length: 18 months
Application deadline: 2021-11-30
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $25.03 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Apex Granite & Tile is a well-known countertop fabrication facility based in the Port Kells area of Surrey, BC. We are looking to add an experienced Stone CNC Operator to our fabrication team in order [...]
Specific Skills - Weed, prune and trim trees and plants - Repair and maintain equipment - Remove litter and garbage - Plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees - Lay sod or seed - Dig cemetery graves - [...]
Are you a hard-working and self-motivated professional who is passionate about keeping spaces clean and safe? Are you looking for the opportunity to be part of a supportive team where you can expand y [...]
Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Excel - MS Word - MS Office Area of Specialization - Reports and records - Invoices - Correspondence Specific Skills - Type and proofread corresp [...]