Are you looking for a chance to be part of something big, something meaningful, something important? How about keeping our vital transportation infrastructure —roads, highways and bridges — safe for B.C. families and businesses!
Dawson Civil provides a variety of construction services, as well as quality control and project management. Our professional team brings a high level of skill and technical expertise to every project, whether it’s a dam at a mine site or installation of underground utilities. We work with project planners to ensure that the real-world problems of building infrastructure pose no obstacles to completion.
Work for us and you will be a valued member of the Dawson Group,
a family-owned group of transportation and construction companies serving all of B.C. People First is one of our core values, and we take it seriously. As well, we pride ourselves on acting with Integrity, Excellence and Respect. These values define us and guide all the decisions we make.
In this role you will be a valued member of Dawson Civil, working in a temporary, full-time position of Equipment Operator, reporting to the Foreman. As an Equipment Operator you will be responsible for the safe, efficient operation of heavy equipment in a fast-paced environment within close proximity of municipal streets. Your base location will be Vernon, B.C. and will require some travel throughout our great province. This project is projected to run for 2-3 years.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Prioritize safety of self and others in every aspect of the job
- Work in close proximity to existing underground utilities with confidence
- Read and understand survey stakes
- Operate heavy equipment on public roadways, in a mining environment and on steep slopes in a safe and appropriate manner
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance
- Complete all work reports and maintenance logs
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections, and adhere to safety policies
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum three (3) years of experience operating an excavator required
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in road construction or pipelaying preferred
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License required
- Ability to work out of town for an extended period
- Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements
- Ground Disturbance preferred
- Experience with underground utilities installation an asset
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities. Apply now to start the conversation!
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted
Contract length: 24-36 months
Job Type: Temporary
- Overtime pay
- 10 hour shift
- Heavy Equipment Operating: 2 years (preferred)
- Pipelaying: 2 years (preferred)
- Class 5 (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job title :STRATEGIC BUSINESS CONSULTANT Community :KELOWNA Facility :KELOWNA CHSC Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME Position Summary Interior Health is looking for a Strategic Business Consultant [...]
Job title :RECREATION THERAPY WORKER Community :VERNON Facility :GATEBY IC FACILITY Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.99 FTE) Position Summary We are seeking a team member to join our Recreatio [...]
A&W; Vanderhoof, in BC, is looking for 2 permanent full-time Food Service Supervisors to start immediately. (113 East 1 Street) The McMurray Group is a franchise company with 40+ A&W; restaurants ex [...]
A&W; Restaurants in Revelstoke, BC is looking for permanent full-time Assistant Manager to start immediately. Compensation Starting: $43,705, depending upon experience and/or completion of in-house t [...]