*MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL*
**MUST BE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY**
The Journeyman Plumber/Gasfitter will be responsible for the installation, and repairs associated with plumbing, heating, gas lines and equipment of TechCanada. He or she will work using safe work practices, always being aware of personal and client safety.
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Work
- Connect equipment that requires a gas line.
- Maintain and service heating units and components.
- Educate clients about gas safety and maintenance of equipment.
- Test and replace defective equipment.
- Secure pipes or related equipment, by welding, brazing, cementing,
soldering, or threading joints, dependent on specifications.
- Participate in all construction and remodeling projects involving plumbing or gas fitting changes and/or additions.
- Drive Company Vehicles.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be certified Journeyman Plumber/Gasfitter
- Appropriate credentials and certifications - Plumber Trade Certification, Plumber Red Seal Certificate, Gasfitter 2nd class, Gasfitter Certification of Qualification
- Must be able to read diagrams, and blueprints
- Must possess communication skills, self-supervision, and respect for safety needs
- Must possess team spirit, and be able to work closely with maintenance, production, and engineering, and out of doors services
- Must be willing to work closely and lead 1-4 yr apprentice
- Must be ready to do overtime work if the need arises
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must have valid category five drivers’ license
- Must be flexible to work out-of-town when required
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allows one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$36.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Journeyman Plumbing/Gasfitting: 5 years (preferred)
- Residential Plumbing/Gasfitting: 5 years (preferred)
- Commercial Plumbing/Gasfitting: 5 years (preferred)
- Industrial Plumbing/Gasfitting: 2 years (preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers Licence (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Specific Skills - Address customers' complaints or concerns - Recruit, train and supervise staff - Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices - Ensure health and safety regulations are followe [...]
Overview: WildBrain Studios is looking for an experienced Producer to join our team! In this rolee, you will overseeing all aspects of production including planning scope and scheduling – from sc [...]
- or equivalent experience Additional Skills - Address customers' complaints or concerns - Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures - Establish methods to meet work schedules Wor [...]
Our Story Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serv [...]