Texcan provides customers with high quality wire and cable products at the best value possible. As one of Canada’s largest distributor for over 40 years, we have built a reputation for going to great lengths for our customers. We supply solutions for a variety of different markets in residential, commercial, industrial and emerging green markets such as wind farms, solar energy, hydroelectric, water and waste treatments.
We are a member of the Sonepar Group, the world’s largest privately-held electrical distributor. The Sonepar Group is present in more than 40 countries with over 45,000 employees.
Why Join Us?
- You will be joining a market leader with over 40 years of experience to help you elevate your potential.
- You will be working for the world's #1 privately held business to business distributor of electrical products and related solutions.
- Be part of an ISO certified company with a strong a quality assurance program and new technologies which help you perform at your best.
- Attractive compensation with benefits and “other perks” such as tuition reimbursement.
- Employee Referral provides the opportunity to earn more while you work by referring one of the best you know.
- In-depth process and product training provided by a mentored approach, product knowledge sessions hosted by the Product Manager and lunch and learn meetings.
- We house the largest inventory to better service our customers and deliver on sales commitments.
Texcan is passionate about guiding and implementing the learning development needs of our team members both today and into the future. The Learning and Development Specialist partners with the business to develop, implement, and support meaningful and sustainable learning strategies that enable all our team members to do their best work each day.
You are an energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, demanding and rewarding team environment. You will be in a pivotal role where you are engaged in the hands-on design, development, and delivery of the Learning and Development needs at Texcan. You develop strong recommendations based on analytics and insight and use your influential collaboration skills to build effective relationships with multiple stakeholders, to create best in class experiences for our team members.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Lead the design and delivery of training and learning solutions, using all mediums including in-class, e-learning, virtual facilitation, and blended.
- Design, develop, assess, update, and implement scalable and reusable learning solutions, using multiple tools and methodologies to meet business objectives.
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts and key client stakeholders to create and maintain learning and development that supports business strategy including: the design, development and delivery of materials/curriculum, course outlines, facilitator and participant guides, exercise guides, job aids, show me videos, and site content.
- Responsible for SAP SuccessFactors LMS Administration.
- Support key learning initiatives including managing project scope from concept through to successful execution. Prepare project reporting updates and ensure timely identification of project issues, risks, and challenges.
- Coordination of vendor training programs.
WHAT YOU BRING
- College/University Diploma required (Adult Education, Training, Business, and/or Sales & Marketing, or Technical focus preferred).
- 5 years of related experience, preferable in a Sales/Distribution environment.
- Direct experience in assessing training needs, designing curriculum plans to fulfill those needs and deliver the training required.
- Facilitation and coaching skills.
- Proven experience being able to identify and accommodate for different learning styles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Dynamics, PowerBI, and ERP’s, (Infor Sx is an asset) and SAP Success Factors.
- Knowledge of e.Learning software Articulate 360 is an asset.
- Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP) is an asset.
- CTP Certified Training Professional (CTP) is an asset.
- CPHR is an asset.
WHO YOU ARE
- Stays current with adult learning theories, leadership approaches, professional development advances and advances in learning and collaboration innovation.
- Makes strong decisions based on analysis and experience.
- Able to influence and motivate people outside of an authority relationship, and forge productive and lasting relationships across all areas of Texcan.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, having the ability to create tangible and sound plans out of abstract ideas, ability to quickly adapt and shift focus across many levels of information.
- Ability to think outside the box and suggest creative, innovative design ideas.
- Strong team player with self-discipline and motivation to work independently.
- Ability to educate and transfer knowledge to diverse group of individuals.
- Desire for continuous improvement.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate and build relationships with individuals at all levels of the business.
- Ability to travel to various branches across Canada (approximately 10-15%).
We are interested in knowing more about you! Start an exciting career and enjoy a number of employee benefits by applying online. Texcan thanks all applicants, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
To explore and learn more about Texcan, please visit www.texcan.com.
Watch our employee videos on our new careers page: https://www.texcan.com/careers
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Apex Granite & Tile is a well-known countertop fabrication facility based in the Port Kells area of Surrey, BC. We are looking to add an experienced Stone CNC Operator to our fabrication team in order [...]
Specific Skills - Weed, prune and trim trees and plants - Repair and maintain equipment - Remove litter and garbage - Plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees - Lay sod or seed - Dig cemetery graves - [...]
Are you a hard-working and self-motivated professional who is passionate about keeping spaces clean and safe? Are you looking for the opportunity to be part of a supportive team where you can expand y [...]
Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Excel - MS Word - MS Office Area of Specialization - Reports and records - Invoices - Correspondence Specific Skills - Type and proofread corresp [...]