Merlin Plastics is a processor of post-consumer and post-industrial plastic. We are dedicated and committed to providing environmental services for the packaging industry in an economically efficient, environmentally sound, and socially responsible fashion.
Merlin Plastics is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Lead hand / Line Operator. They are responsible for the health and welfare of all employees and will provide ongoing training in all areas of employee responsibility, including the safe operation of the plant equipment.
$400 after 1040 hours - around 6 months of employment
$400 after 2080 hours - around 12 months of employment
351 Gifford St,
New Westminster, BC
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Supervise employees and production
- Ensure personnel are utilized properly and allocated to needed areas
- Provides new employees with appropriate training and instructions
- Understand the duties of all personnel (Loaders and Unloaders forklift drivers, laborer)
- Should be able to operate all machines and replace other workers when needed
- Solves the problems that occur within the production line, machinery, or personnel
- Makes production reports and paperwork
- Works closely with the maintenance team
- Enforces Health and Safety programs
- Works well under stress
- Leadership skills, must not be afraid to take disciplinary action
- Adhere to Health and Safety standards and have a safety-first work style
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, courteous manner, and flexibility
- Consistently reliable and dependable.
What we offer:
- Full-Time and Long-Term Employment
- Group Benefits (such as Dental & Healthcare) and RRSP's after 3 months
- Employee personal and professional development
- Personalized training
- Strong HR support
- Free parking space
- Dynamic work environment
- Diverse culture: opportunity to learn from different backgrounds
- The bus stop is 5 minutes away
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role, but unfortunately only those considered for the interview will be contacted.
Recruiters, please don't contact
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we have provided masks, face shields, gloves, and hand sanitizer.
Masks are mandatory. If invited for an interview, please wear a mask. Should you have been in contact with a Covid-19 patient please let us know and we will reschedule your interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Details Job Description At Kruger Products we have a shared vision for greatness. We manufacture some of North America’s most popular tissue brands - Cashmere®, Purex®, Scotties®’, Sponge [...]
Miles HR is hiring a Talent Aquisiton Coordinator to join a recruitment team with a well-established company in New Westminster, BC. You will be responsible for overseeing high-volume reference checki [...]
Date Posted: November 19, 2021 Position Title: Activity Coach, Choose to Move Program Location: Tong Louie Family YMCA (the program may be run virtually) Terms: Temporary, Part Time Ho [...]
Marketing Statement British Columbia Rapid Transit Company Ltd. (BCRTC) maintains and operates two of Metro Vancouver’s three SkyTrain lines. SkyTrain is the first and one of the longest, fully- [...]