McElhanney is looking for a Survey Assistant to join our team in Grande Prairie, AB. This is a great opportunity for a dedicated individual who enjoys working in the great outdoors, looking to gain hands on surveying experience. Working closely with collaborative Field Supervisors and Party Chiefs, you will be a key player in assisting our survey team to provide our clients with industry leading survey solutions that are cost effective and timely. The successful candidate will be involved in working on a wide variety of municipal, construction, oil and gas surveys.
The ability to travel and work out of town for extended periods and pre-employment drug & alcohol and fitness for work testing is required.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Set-up and operation of conventional survey and GPS equipment.
- Follow directives received from Field Supervisor or Party Chief to assist survey team.
- Prepare accurate field notes, when required.
- Clean and maintain equipment, maintain supplies, stock company vehicle, and ensure necessary physical resources are available in the field, with minimal supervision.
- May be required to use tools and equipment such as axe, sledgehammer, shovel, metal detector and survey tripod in order to complete assigned tasks.
- May be required to use hand and power tools to clear line quickly and efficiently.
What You’ll Bring:
- A high school diploma; technical diploma and previous experience is an asset but not required.
- Physical ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Willingness to work in varied environmental conditions, including wildlife populated areas and in remote areas for extended periods and varied hours.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel out of town for up to three-week periods.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and general computer knowledge.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol and fitness for work testing is required.
What Can We Offer You?:
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Employee & Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support online or over the phone
- Great benefits, including extended health & dental coverage, healthcare spending account, & RRSP matching
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Competitive salary, participation in our generous performance bonus plan, and opportunity to join an employee-owned firm
- Financial assistance to support your relocation
- Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship programs, and opportunity to join numerous internal committees.
Based in Western Canada for over 110 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation, and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.:
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description Intricate is proud to be a complete energy services company in key areas of the oil and gas industry. We have grown into a diverse company with a flourishing portfolio of service [...]
Your Opportunity: To ensure your skills and qualifications are considered please attach a resume with your application. As a member of the Grande Prairie Regional Hospital Pharmacy Team, the Pharmacy [...]
Keyera Career Opportunity Job Type: Permanent THE POSITION Based out of Grande Prairie, Alberta the Measurement Technician will work in conjunction with the Operations Team to maintain and oversee [...]
Your Opportunity: To ensure your skills and qualifications are considered please attach a resume with your application. As a member of the Grande Prairie Regional Hospital Pharmacy Team, the Pharmac [...]