Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively,
keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Are you looking to join a growing team to take lead in onboarding customers onto the world’s most innovative and scalable logistics management platform? Reporting to the Director of Onboarding, the Intermediate Onboarding Specialist will be responsible for configuring the platform to fit the workflow and business processes of the Customer, which also offers an intuitive, ergonomic interface that the Customer’s workforce can adopt quickly and easily. The goal of the Onboarding Specialist is to offer a seamless transition between Sales, Onboarding, and the Customer Care Team. The Junior Onboarding Specialist will be there to guide and handhold the Customer during the Onboarding process, and once live, ensure a successful handoff to our Customer Care Team. This opportunity is ideal for an individual who is enthusiastic about the prospect of working at a growing company with a global focus, and who has a keen interest in learning and developing as a professional.
- Interact and communicate with customers to help determine what features they require for their specific use case.
- Ensure customers have a great experience with the Descartes ShipTrack platform, at every touch point within our company.
- Work with internal teams for transitioning
- Adhere to internal processes while using the Tools and Resources provided to you.
- Understand and communicate industry best practices surrounding the Transportation and Logistics industry, or within the Customer-specific industry or vertical.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Participate in customer onboarding calls.
- Use our tools to document, investigate and implement the customer specific features in the Descartes ShipTrack platform
- Demonstrate and Train the solution to the customer remotely.
- Hand over more technical questions to a senior team member
- Help customers understand our integrations and be able to run tests with them.
- Ensure your time entry and conversations are kept and tracked in our tools.
- Work outside of your scheduled hours may sometimes be required to assist with deployment and implementation.
- Preference given to candidates with previous Customer Onboarding experience
- Post-Graduate diploma (college, university) in an IT discipline
- 2+ years of experience supporting customers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of CRM/project/task management tools (Wrike, MS Project)
- Working knowledge of SaaS solutions.
- Familiar with CSV file manipulation.
- Familiar with Rugged and Consumer Handheld devices.
- Working Knowledge of Barcodes.
- Familiar with the Transportation and Logistics Industry.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
This is a remote opportunity, open to applicants authorized to work in Canada.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory. If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com. Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected] Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Full-time, Days/Evenings (12 PM - 8 PM, 75 hours bi-weekly) Starting wage - $14.90/hour Seasons Milton Retirement Community 760 Bronte Street South, Milton, ON, L9T 8X4 Our Mission to You: As a c [...]
Description de l'entreprise Le Centre Vidéotron et Levy, notre partenaire de concession alimentaire, sont à la recherche de nouveaux talents! Levy, bannière du Groupe Compass Canada, est le servi [...]
Job Description : NIGHT BUILDING ATTENDANT Amica Swan Lake Weekends 12am till 8 am Amica Senior Lifestyles is setting a new standard for senior living in Canada by combining unparalleled premium h [...]
Company description We are on a mission to change the way Canadians send and request money! Mosea is a Fintech startup based in Toronto, Ontario, that is working towards revolutionizing the payments [...]