We have a Great NEW Opportunity for a Project Manager Assistant based at our main office located in Burnaby, BC - Full Time Permanent.
We are a rapidly growing general contractor in Burnaby, BC. There is a lot of room for you to grow/excel with the company and expand your role.
If you are looking for a sincere, successful company with a truly friendly culture and want to have a long term lucrative career, please take a few seconds to consider these points:
- STABILITY: We’ve been in business for over 26 years through the high and lows of the Construction industry, with an average growth rate of 20% each year…even ending up in the top 25 of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies …there’s something we’re doing right!?
- REPUTATION: We have never advertised for work. We have grown on the basis of our reputation for great quality and our corporate values.
- COMMERCIAL RENO's: We work in a specialized niche. We’re among the very few designated contractors allowed to work in the renowned commercial buildings in Vancouver, BC.
- We don’t just do it all for money, we make positive changes in peoples’ lives. With every dollar we earn, we donate a liter of water to families in Nicaragua. If you think this sort of vibe resonates with you, then we would definitely like to hear from you.
How we do our business and treat one another is what makes our family great. Find out more – Apply today.
- We specialize in Tenant Improvement work and have a highly trained and efficient workforce
- Your parking and mileage will be reimbursed
- Subsidized group benefits program
- Opportunity to work with a company of great quality that makes people happy
The experience that can be gained in this role will leave you prepared for success in any aspect of the construction industry!
We are looking for an exceptional, conscientious, self-motivated, and ambitious individual to join our team. You will work with a light spirited, dynamic team in a great environment.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing quotes by reviewing IFT plans, contacting subcontractors and performing quantity takeoff and cost estimates.
- Complete all documents required for the bid including pre-qualification questionnaires.
- Analyze IFC plans to prepare construction schedules.
- Draft contracts, construction progress reports, and other technical documents.
- Develop and submit RFIs, change orders, submittals, purchase orders, and O & M manuals.
- Create all project start up package information including safety documents, drawings, and site-supervisor handouts.
- Communicate with clients, architects, subcontractors, and site supervisors to resolve issues, update construction progress, and ensure the project stays on schedule.
- Arrange submittals and material deliveries to city halls, designers, and clients.
- Prepare and apply for building permits in various jurisdictions.
- Schedule and conduct field reviews, site meetings and deficiency walks.
- Review and verify shop drawings.
- Complete large volume of work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
What you offer:
- Attention to detail, follow-up skills, professionalism and ability to work with leaders and employees of all levels in an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Organized, a self-starter and motivated
- Independent and flexible
- Effective time management skills
- Commercial construction/renovation (hands-on) experience is considered an asset.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints, estimate job costs and prepare formal quotes
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel, in addition AutoCAD or other design software is a great asset.
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Valid Driving Licence and Vehicle required
We enjoy a positive and enjoyable work culture because of people just like you. We look forward to meeting you.
Check out our website www.gibraltar.ca
Reference ID: PMA211117I
Application deadline: 2021-11-30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position. Mandatory masks are required onsite and in the office.
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Construction estimating: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for 80 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our s [...]
New Westminster Schools Career Opportunity Assistant Secretary Treasurer New Westminster Schools has an exciting opportunity for a positive and dynamic leader to join our District Leadership Team as [...]
New Westminster Schools Career Opportunity Assistant Secretary Treasurer New Westminster Schools has an exciting opportunity for a positive and dynamic leader to join our District Leadership Te [...]
View all jobsBIM ManagerVancouver, British Columbia · Architecture/EngineeringApply Now BIM Manager Vancouver, British Columbia Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience Design and Architect [...]