The position of Assistant Manager for Wild Birds Unlimited can be either a part-time or full-time position that reports to the franchise owner or manager. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Manager is to support the store owner and/or store manager in providing a high energy customer experience.
Selling / Customer Experience
- Understands that the high energy customer experience is the #1 priority.
- Completes each OWL module as part of the High Energy Training in order to deliver the WBU high energy customer experience as the trusted local expert.
- Uses successful selling skills to satisfy the customer and complete the sale.
- Has read, understood and follows the Employee Handbook,
including the WBU Ten Touch Points training.
- Follows the best practices of the Person in Charge of the Customer experience.
- Wears the logo name badge and logo apparel while working on the sales floor.
- Demonstrates a positive, enthusiastic and professional demeanor.
- Assists with the hiring, training and coaching of store associates.
- Assists in assigning duties for store staff and insuring compliance.
- Helps plan and attends store meetings as required.
- Completes any other duties as assigned.
- Has read and understood the Product Info Handbook. Has successfully completed the Certified Birdfeeding Specialist Program.
- Understands and communicates the store’s merchandise and target products to the customer.
- Assists in maintaining adequate inventory levels. Orders specific merchandise as assigned.
- Assists with inventory management in the POS System including checking in, receiving and committing merchandise and pricing updates.
- Completes the changing of displays, signing and the restocking of merchandise as directed by management.
- Understands the details of current promotions, events Marketing Planner.
- Assists with displays, signing, staffing for upcoming promotions and events.
- Assists in public relations, community talks, and store communication. Administrative Control
- Adheres to all store policies and procedures regarding the ringing of all transactions, any administrative duties and scheduling.
- Assists in opening and closing the store and the accurate accounting of all cash and charge receipts, bank deposits, and daily, weekly and monthly bookkeeping.
- Completes accurate and legible paperwork. Loss Prevention
- Adheres to all store policies and procedures regarding personal and store security.
- Communicates security concerns to owner / manager. Store Maintenance
- Maintains good housekeeping standards to help present a clean and well-presented store.
- Ensures store personnel adhere to store cleanliness standards.
Part-time hours: 30-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All customers are required to wear masks in store.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- retail management: 1 year (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description: In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority), patient and staff safety is a priority and a respon [...]
About Old Navy Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion a [...]
Presently we're recruiting Product Testers (from home) in most of the Canadian provinces to expand our private network of In-Home Usage Testers (IHUT) to fulfill upcoming contracts with multinational [...]
Role: Assisting the Fleet and Facilities Manager (F&FM;), the Maintenance Coordinator will support the execution of all fleet and facility objectives. The Maintenance Coordinator will assist in the [...]