Evergreen Hamlets at Fleetwood
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the Building Services Manager or Support Services Manager, performs a variety of maintenance duties related to buildings, grounds, and equipment such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting for all areas including the assisted living and independent living, administrative areas, interior and exterior gardens, and all of the hamlets.
The Hamlets supports the continuous improvement of a safety culture at care homes. The safety culture encompasses a healthy and safe environment achieved through everyone’s understanding of their (management, team members, and residents) related responsibilities and compliance with all regulatory requirements and The Hamlets safety policies
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs carpentry maintenance as required, such as, assembling furniture, replacing glides on furniture, removing and replacing door handles and attaching items such as pictures, drapery tracks, and baseboards to walls.
- Performs preparation and painting maintenance to any area that requires attention.
- Performs mechanical maintenance on equipment such as, wheelchairs, beds, and carts by cleaning, greasing, oiling, and replacing broken and worn parts such as castors and filters.
- Performs maintenance on all equipment used to fulfill duties and responsibilities such as, changing oil, cleaning/replacing spark plugs, checking and topping up battery and other fluids.
- Performs electrical maintenance duties as required, such as, replacing light switches, electric plugs, extension cords, sockets and receptacles.
- Performs plumbing maintenance such as, unblocking sewer lines, replacing fixtures for flush tank mechanisms and faucets.
- Monitors and maintains aquatic pool such as, pool temperature, water level and chlorine content, if applicable.
- Ensures all areas are free of obstacles and unsafe equipment by proper storage of same.
- Assists Manager and/or journeyman contractors by performing duties such as cutting materials to specified measurements and drilling and taping holes.
- Maintains materials and supplies for assigned areas.
- Identifies and removes from use malfunctioning and/or defective equipment and supplies and reports promptly to the appropriate staff leader.
- Complies fully with all of the facilities and departmental work standards and policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Documents and records in our Preventative Maintenance program.
- Abides by all standards imposed on the care home including promoting a culture of safety.
- Minimum Grade 12 education, plus one-year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education training and experience;
- Training and/or experience in basic plumbing, electricity, building repairs and carpentry or equivalent;
- Previous experience in building/plant maintenance preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to operate related equipment;
- Ability to organize work;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to deal with others in an effective manner;
- Must be in good health, well-groomed, can capable of bending, stooping, heavy lifting up to 50lbs and walking.
- Ability to related to and work around residential care adults, staff and volunteers.
- Fully immunized for COVID-19 (7 days post 2nd dose)
Reference ID: Maintenance Assistant - FT
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All healthcare workers or workers employed in a healthcare setting are required to be fully immunized for COVID-19
- maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Additional Skills - Delegate work to office support staff Specific Skills - Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents - Schedule and confirm appointments - Greet people and direc [...]
Work for a BC Top Employer 2021! Jacob Bros Construction is now hiring an Administrative Assistant - Construction. The successful candidate will have a minimum of one (1) year experience as an A [...]
Genesis Security is looking for a Receptionist to join our team. You will provide great "first impressions"! If you seek continuous growth and would like to dedicate professional support to clients, v [...]
Work for a BC Top Employer 2021! Jacob Bros Construction is now hiring an Administrative Assistant - Construction. The successful candidate will have a minimum of one (1) year experience as an [...]