North Island College
Posting Number SS0110
Division Student Services & Registrar
Department Student Services, Port Hardy
Supervisor Title Regional Manager
Location Mixalakwila Campus(Port Hardy)
Posting Type Internal/External Posting
Position Status Temporary
If Others, please specify Relief, on-call
Desired Start Date 10/11/2021
Position End Date (if temporary)
Weekly work schedule (please indicate the start and end times for each day of work)
On-call hours as needed.
Pay Grade D: $23.00-$24.44
Reporting to the Regional Manager and working with the Mixalakwila Student Services team and staff,
the Centre Support assistant is responsible for relaying accurate information in person, by telephone or electronically to prospective students and the general public as well as supporting smooth and efficient processing of registrations and bookstore functions at North Island College Mixalakwila Camups. The Centre Support Assistant works directly with RA’s to process student registrations and payments. The Centre Support Assistant also invigilates exams, orders books and is responsible for a wide variety of office duties including mail, banking, word processing and filing. and provides general support to the Regional Manager. The Centre Support Assistant is aware of the Mission and Values of North Island College, incorporating and practicing the values in everything they do.
Job Knowledge; Judgment; Teamwork; Planning & Organization; Customer Service Excellence; Communication & Interpersonal Skills
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Receives application forms, tuition/fee payments, sponsorship forms, and scans documents to Image Now.
2. Answers general questions about course offerings and student services, connects students to appropriate resources, books appointments as required for assessments or exams, and prepares room bookings for both internal and externals use.
3. Maintains student interest lists and notifies students of course offerings and cancellations and requests refunds when required.
4. Assists with continuing education offerings by preparing classrooms, learning materials and instructional packages for course offerings.
5. Assists with all clerical duties including ordering supplies, faxing, updating bulletin boards, filing, data entry/word processing and assists the faculty with the promotion/recruitment of courses and activities.
6. Processes mail including receiving and shipping of books and equipment and distributes in a timely manner. Places book orders for students via bookstore, compiles textbooks and merchandise inventories for the purchasing manager
7. Performs banking and petty cash duties.
8. Invigilates exams if required.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager.
Required Education & Experience
- Completion of Grade 12 plus completion of an Office Administration Program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities
1. Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to plan and prioritize tasks, and efficiently meet deadlines.
2. A general knowledge of the BC post-secondary education system and North Island College programs preferred.
3. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
4. Experience and proficiency with MS Office Word, basic knowledge of Excel, and experience using a large database system an asset.
- Applicants should be prepared for testing
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please scan copies of your transcripts into one document for attachment. If your transcripts are not available at the time of application, please attach a letter or certificate of confirmation from the educational institution.
Posting Open Date 10/01/2021
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description: In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by eve [...]
Posting Number SS0115 Division Access & Regions Department Indigenous Education Supervisor Title Executive Director, Indigenous Education Location Comox Valley(CV) Posting Type Internal/Ext [...]
Posting Number SS0115 Division Access & Regions Department Indigenous Education Supervisor Title Executive Director, Indigenous Education Location Comox Valley(CV) Posting Type Interna [...]
Posting Number SS0081 Division Access & Regions Department Indigenous Education Supervisor Title Executive Director, Indigenous Education Location Mixalakwila Campus(Port Hardy) Posting Type [...]