Welcome to the unexpected delight of plant-based exploration! We're the creators of a revolutionary cheese
alternative that tastes, shreds, melts and stretches like traditional cheese. Today, as plant-based food grows in
popularity, that spirit of innovation continues to inspire our team.
We believe in pioneering plant-based breakthroughs that delight people and planet. Our portfolio of great tasting
foods provide an opportunity for everyone to gather around the table, whether you have food allergies, are
flexitarian, vegan, vegetarian, or just plant-based curious!
We're one big family of food-loving Daiyans, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion, our
and our ability to make each other smile.
Our R&D; Scientist, PD is a self-motivated and curious individual, focused on delivering products and technical
solutions for our cheese category. The successful candidate will be an experienced R&D; professional, capable of
merging strong scientific knowledge, hands-on technical skills, and project leadership to develop formulations and
processes, conduct analytical and scale up testing, and commercialize new solutions This role will be responsible for
leading and executing technical work from ideation to launch, for key innovation, renovation, product and process
improvements, and value engineering projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and executes technical R&D; work on multiple product development projects.
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives to improve performance, costs, quality, and operational efficiency.
- Researches new technologies and industry trends, looking for practical applications and benefits for the
business. Participates in ideation and technical feasibility assessments for new projects.
- Sources and evaluates ingredients, packaging, etc. from existing and new suppliers.
- Develops new and modifies existing formulations and processes in benchtop, pilot plant, and production to
achieve technical targets for innovation, renovation, and value engineering projects.
- Enters ingredients, formulates products, and creates nutritional / ingredient statements using Genesis
- Understands the role of ingredients and process within model systems, prototypes and products; can
manipulate those variables to achieve project objectives.
- Designs, conducts, and analyzes scientific experiments to test ingredients, formulations, and processes, and
develop prototypes and products. Includes sensory, analytical, micro, and shelf-life testing
- Leads the development of, or revisions to, SOP’s and testing methods
- Plans, coordinates, and runs plant trials
- Works with FSQA team and operations to develop commercialization and hand-off plan, including quality and
food safety measures, documentation and specifications, training programs, and ongoing support.
- Coordinates new production start-up and hand-off, leading operational troubleshooting efforts in-house and
at co-packer facilities
- Works with sensory team to run tests to measure project progress and inform next steps
- Participate in maintaining lab by calibrating equipment, organizing team supplies, and ensuring cleanliness.
- Assist Lab Administrator with documentation required for new samples and raw materials.
- Carry out other duties as required.
Project & Technical skills
- Strong knowledge of product development process, ingredient functionality and applications, food
processing and manufacturing
- Strong hands-on technical lab skills in areas of food analysis, food processing, food structuring, food
chemistry and/or food microbiology
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills, able to understand results and make recommendations
- Strong critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write detailed technical reports and gives clear presentations to communicate results
- Ability to stay current by researching technology and trends, and continually growing technical skills
- Actively participates in meetings and brainstorming, bringing out of the box ideas and a can-do attitude
- Strong technical project leadership and management skills
- Self-directed, accountable for delivering multiple technical project and objectives on time.
- Ability to multitask and deliver against team objectives in a complex and fast paced environment
- Effective oral and written communication, able to represent team and company in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational skills, maintaining accurate records of all technical and project work
- Ability to build strong working relationship with cross-functional team, existing suppliers, vendors, and
- Degree in Food Science or equivalent, along with min 3+ years of experience in food processing or product
development. Experience in an R&D; team is an asset.
- Background knowledge of food analysis and chemistry, food safety, and sensory
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint, and Genesis
- Working knowledge of CDN and US food standards and regulations
- Valid Canadian Driver’s License
- Travel up to 15 – 20% of the time.
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application to [email protected] with “R&D; Scientist - PD” on the subject line.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Bardel Vancouver is currently recruiting for talented 2D Background Artists to join the Creative team! What you will be doing: - Assist in the creation of environment layouts and digital painted 2 [...]
Purpose Of Position To provide active leadership on a duty shift basis, in overseeing and monitoring all aspects of Jazz operations at respective airport to ensure compliance of procedures and corp [...]
Airport Operations Manager Apply by Date : Nov 29, 2021 Primary Location : CA-BC-Vancouver Schedule : Full-time Job Type : Permanent Shift : Shift Work Number of Openings : 1 Salar [...]
Position: Technical Support Representative 2 Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Job Id: 2807 # of Openings: 3 About Compugen Compugen is one of Canada's largest privately-owned Information [...]