We will provide TN Visa sponsorship and relocation to Atlanta, GA.
We have an immediate need for a high-energy, professional Consultant Development Manager with the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment. This position involves managing and developing a diverse group of IT consultants. It requires you to have experience in actively managing IT professionals, IT projects, or, if not specifically IT, at the very least complex teams and operations .
Candidates should have prior experience as project managers and/or product owners, being able to prioritize and multi-task, while working in a professional corporate setting. You are also a strong relationship-builder, as you:
Forge authentic relationships with the consultants you manage, to ensure their success and performance Have a vested interest in finding common ground with those you lead. Genuinely enjoy regular and consistent contact with those you lead (both professional, performance-development conversations, and personal, "getting-to-know you” conversations).
Consultants are our assets, and you will directly manage these assets – your high-performance in this role is paramount to the organization. You are organization-centric and champion for organizational expectations and initiatives, and you are loyal and relentless towards increasing organization growth and profitably all while balancing the needs and interests of your consultants.
You are goals-driven and set goals that are specific, measurable, time-bound, and are results-driven You can explain the "why" behind what you require of your consultants - to avoid any miscommunication, misunderstanding, or lack of performance You understand that you are accountable for owning your role and the results. You promptly raise issues and offer up solutions to the best of your ability.
This position involves managing and developing each consultant throughout their career, or lifecycle, with our company. The consultant lifecycle includes: Training, Marketing, and On-Project phases. You will assist and guide onboarding consultants with their onsite technical training in the office. Next, you will prepare your consultants in effective technical and 'actively engaging' behaviors so that they may successfully interview for landing projects. Lastly, you will track your consultants' success on projects – ensuring that your consultant remains successful with their work and billing on their projects. You are often the first one in, and the last one out ensuring that all your duties have been completed and consultants' inquiries have been answered.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage Remote Consultants on Projects:
- Effectively build, develop, and manage a team of consultants who are responsible for completing client deliverables. Help ensure project success by getting to authentically know your consultants (what motivates them to perform at remote client location?). Proactively anticipate potential red flags that may indicate downturn in consultant on-site performance, and have a strategy to address those issues before any downturn occurs.
- Build Relationships and Retain Consultants:
- Build and manage relationships with consultants, by maintaining frequent and direct contact via telephone, email, video conferencing, and in person – all with the aim of retaining the consultant with our organization.
- Career-Pathing and Ensuring Consultant Satisfaction and Performance:
- Provide career path planning and coaching to ensure consultant job satisfaction and professional growth within our organization.
- Complete formal annual performance reviews and frequent informal reviews, providing relevant feedback to your consultant roster.
- Coordination of activities and tasks pertaining to Consultants.
- Quality Assurance: Direct and manage the overall and day-to-day business execution of consultant projects to ensure quality work products, solutions, and deliverables.
- Cost Awareness and Negotiation:
- Identify, define, develop, and implement negotiation techniques to address financial and other concerns/requests of consultants, to achieve a balance of cost savings for the company and meeting the needs of the consultant (you are not a "yes” person - you critically assess the consultant's situation/request and take all pieces into account before taking action).
You hold yourself and your consultants accountable to behave and act in accordance with company values, initiatives, processes, and methodologies.
Consultant Project Success:
Effectively engage consultants, assuring that they are fully competent and ready for placement Ensure project deliverables meet or exceed client expectations and help consultant seek project extensions. Provide leadership and direction to your consultants in project delivery (how they will professionally and effectively navigate on-site client meetings and handle unanticipated situations).
- 5+ years in professional and customer service, business development, or management in a corporate, professional setting.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to travel quarterly.
- Ability to pass reference checks, drug screening, and credit check.
- Required office hours are 9 am- 6 pm Monday through Friday.
- There will be times when unanticipated consultant needs arise and need to be addressed immediately. You will be expected to address these needs during evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Project management or IT management experience preferred.
Skill & Traits
This is a unique role in that it requires strong interpersonal skills, a congenial personality, and the following:
- Strong empathy, and ability to communicate effectively with persons from various cultures.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Well organized.
- Strong documentation practices.
- Ability to effectively prioritize.
- Manage your personal working calendar.
- Highly resourceful – come up with ideas and solutions to problems.
- Receptive to coaching and feedback from peers and manager.
- Ability to effectively coach and develop consultants using frequent and effective feedback.
- Proactive, collaborative and growth mindset.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Strong desire to develop and grow with the business.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: Up to $68,000.00 per year
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We're looking for outgoing and energetic Full Time Crew Members! Crew Members provide a level of customer service that exceeds our customer's expectations. This includes making and serving great tast [...]
***Emails regarding next steps will come from Bamboo HR - Please Ensure to check your junk mail when applying for jobs*** Cannon Automotive, a division of Cleveland-Cliffs Tooling and Stamping, is lo [...]
JOB POSTING #: 2021-0392 POSTING PERIOD: Friday, November 19, 2021 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, December 2, 2021at 4:30 PM DEPARTMENT: Recreation & Culture UNION: Non-Union POSITION STATUS: Regular Ful [...]
***Emails regarding next steps will come from Bamboo HR - Please Ensure to check your junk mail when applying for jobs*** Cannon Automotive, a division of Cleveland-Cliffs Tooling and Stamping, is [...]