Reporting to the Site Administrator, the Cook II prepares, cooks and bakes a wide range of dietary menu items according to established menu plans and identified portions and prepares diet and therapeutic items as required. As a member of the care team, and in accordance with Covenant Careâ€™s Mission, Vision, and Values, the Cook II supervises other kitchen staff and ensures all food handling and preparations are completed in a safe and satisfactory manner in accordance with established standards, processes and quantity controls.
The successful incumbent ensures all staffing and supplies are available for catering functions and reports equipment and hospitality deficiencies to the Hospitality Coordinator.
- Level Two Food Safe course through Public Health required
- Red Seal or Journeyman Cook certification required
- Supervisory experience required, working with the elderly preferred
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years Institutional Cooking experience preferred.
- Demonstrates flexibility by changing routine to accommodate client/resident needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Work within a team-oriented approach to tasks, and ability to respond and communicate with all levels of staff required
- Required proof of completion of vaccination
- Must be available to work Thursdays and Fridays
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All employees new to Covenant Care must provide a criminal records check, including vulnerable sector search.
Covenant Care is committed to an inclusive work environment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
We thank you in advance for applying with Covenant Care.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Specific Skills - Address customers' complaints or concerns - Recruit, train and supervise staff - Negotiate with clients for catering or use of facilities - Ensure health and safety regulations are [...]
WHO WE ARE: At Landmark Cinemas, we are the Cast & Crew of Canada’s second largest motion picture, theatre exhibition company, and WE love movies as much as YOU love movies…. But it’s more than [...]
Cultivate your Career: As Alberta's 'Botanical Arts City', St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provi [...]
MK Group partners with customers Alberta area to meet their needs within the Delivery and Supply Chain realm. Through the partnerships with our customers, we continue to grow by offering continuous im [...]