Banff Jasper Collection by Pursuit
What will be your daily pursuit?:
Welcoming and giving our guests a top-notch dining experience.
What perks can you expect?:
- Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe
- Seasonal work experience in an iconic, unforgettable, and inspiring location
- Fast-paced and active position â€“ get your step counter ready!
- The chance to work in an inclusive culture and make life-long friends
- Opportunities for career growth or future work at other Pursuit locations
- Access to one of the worldâ€™s most beautiful and iconic National Parks
What will you do in this job?:
Food and Beverage Attendants work in both Altitude and Chalet, and provide upbeat, professional,
service that goes above and beyond our guestsâ€™ expectations. You will come across thousands of guests a day from all over the world, so being up to date on all Pursuit products, discounts and promotions is key. Attention to detail and effective communication skills are a must, but a passion for making a difference for each guest is the most important aspect of this position.
This is a multi-faceted position working in two restaurants, and can include any, or all, of the following:
- Work a variety of shifts that may include table service, function service, hosting, food running, food service, buffet running, bussing, and/or restocking.
- Operate the point of sale system with accuracy and efficiency, the responsible handling of cash, credit cards, and cash out forms
- Provide guests information on the local area
- Coordinate guests and tour groups in the restaurants
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events
- Provide guests with exceptional service at all times
- Stock and maintain product levels
- Ensure correct cash and float security during operating hours
- Communicate with co-workers and management, forwarding observations and comments in a timely fashion
- Uphold the high standard of environmental stewardship expected for all employees
- Maintenance and cleanliness of service areas and dining areas.
- Assist with monthly inventory
- Assist in preparation of products
What skills and experience do you need for this job?:
- Must get excited at the idea of living and working in a remote (yet very social) environment
- Ability to move safely and quickly in a fast-paced environment serving thousands of guests each day
- Enjoy working with a team in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working on your feet for extended periods of time
- Comfortable lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be enthusiastic about hospitality, and providing warm engaging service to high volumes of guests
- Handling stress in the most professional manner
- Current Alberta Pro Serve (Required prior to first shift)
- Guest service-oriented mindset and a passion for delivering memorable experiences
- Mature, energetic, dependable and self-motivated;
- Previous guest service and cash handling experience an asset
- Must meet the organizationâ€™s grooming and appearance standards
- To honour our commitment to be â€œAlways Honestâ€ all employees must consent to a criminal record check
What will your work environment be like?:
This fun, summer job runs from April 24 or May 15 until October 10, 2022.
- Beautiful. Youâ€™ll work in iconic, unforgettable and inspiring National Park. Youâ€™ll see amazing scenery and wildlife. Youâ€™ll participate in team events â€“ and fun!
- Independent. Youâ€™ll spend your days in and around our historic hotel
- Remote. Our home is filled with trees, lakes and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways and smog. Connect with friends around a bonfire instead of through WiFi
- Busy. You need to be prepared for a physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds with assistance) required
This job description describes the role at a high level, but no document can anticipate every single task, issue or project that could come up. We work as a team and believe that we succeed together â€“ these job duties may change based on the needs of the team and company as a whole.
To handle this job successfully, any person hired must be able to perform responsibilities as described. Pursuit will make any reasonable accommodation to help a person with disabilities perform their job. This job is based in Alberta, Canada. Relocation to the area and the legal ability to work in Canada is required.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
What will be your daily pursuit?: Welcome all Gondola guests at both the lower and upper terminals. What perks can you expect?: - Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe [...]
Your Opportunity: Please see this exciting opportunity to join the North Zone Environmental Public Health Leadership Team. The Northwest Manager position is based out of the Grande Prairie Provincia [...]
Join Livingston and grow your career in the constantly changing world of international trade. Livingston is a market leader offering customs brokerage, international trade consulting, compliance and f [...]
We are looking for an adventurer to join our diverse and dynamic team! The iFront desk and Night audit role will be the face of the hotel/resort/inn and will set the tone of the guest's experience. [...]