CA06 Octane Biotech
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Kingston, ON has an exciting opportunity for a Process Development Scientist. The successful candidate will work in a cross-disciplinary team with the goal of translating client-based, clinically relevant processes related to the manufacture and use of therapeutic cells to the Cocoon system.
In this role, he/she will have the opportunity to explore automated cell culture system by using cutting edge technologies to modulate mammalian cell expansion. The team member will be responsible for successfully transferring client cell manufacturing processes and bioassays before applying to the Cocoon system. This hands-on biologist or bioengineer will be expected to identify process gaps and requirements, and to design, execute experiments, and problem solve as well as assist in the tech transfer of new processes. The Scientist will be responsible for acquiring, analyzing, and communicating experimental data in a cross-functional fashion.
Primary Role Responsibilities
- Trouble shooting: Conduct complex trouble shooting related to automated cell culture system, e.g., technical, equipment, software, and process performance issues, including planning of small-scale testing
- Planning, running and/or supervising experiments to evaluate, develop and optimize upstream and downstream cell therapy manufacturing processes
- Critically analyzes processes for improvement and scalability, and utilizes background and expertise to establish and optimize new processes for eventual incorporation into clinical cell production.
- Independently designs and executes experiments, including data analysis, communication of results and proposals for next steps.
- Obtains and analyzes experimental data
- Maintains accurate and up to date records, including appropriate lab notebook recordings. Capable of achieving deliverables in a timely fashion.
- Writing and revising technical documents including lab SOPs, test protocols and reports
- May externally present results at scientific conferences and publish scientific papers in high quality peer-reviewed journals.
- Works within a self-directed team environment
- Presents results to direct supervisor and members of the team
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skill And/or Education Requirements
- Bachelors in biology or biomedical engineering or a related field; Masters degree preferred
- Extensive experience/knowledge of cell culture techniques with a preference to T cell culture
- A strong bioengineering background with problem solving skills
- Experience in developing new processes, scaling processes. Working knowledge of closed and single use systems desirable.
- Desirable: Hands-on experience with scalable bioreactor design experience; Stem cell or bioprocess experience (preferably with stem cell or immune cells)
- Sterile technique
- Preference for experience performing various biological analysis assays (e.g. flow cytometry, magnetic separation, qPCR, ELISA, etc.)
- Technical report writing
- Computer skills, MS Office, FlowJo
- Data analysis, presentation and communication skills
- A strong data analysis/statistics background
- Good written and oral communication skills; independent work skills; strong work ethic; delegating skills; ability to perform in a team setting
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Show more Show less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Coordinator - Leadership & Talent Development Department: Leadership & Talent Development Hours of Work: Full-time position; Days Salary: Class 4 - $61,521 to $73,826 per annum + benefits/pension [...]
Company Description At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food sh [...]
IT STARTS HERE.: Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of cha [...]
We are Aaron’s - an industry leader in the sales and lease-to-own retail industry known for quality brand names and superior customer service. We provide our team members the opportunity to reach th [...]