SureCold Refrigerated Storage
At SureCold, our success begins with our people. That is why we invest heavily in training, development, and retention to ensure that we find and maintain the best fit for our company. We are working in a state-of-the-art facility with temperature-controlled docks and innovative systems to ensure that we can always meet and exceed the expectations of our customers. When it comes to warehousing technologies, Sure Cold is an industry leader.
We pride ourselves on our company culture where safety is instilled at the core; we’re progressive, evolving daily, and promote transparency within our organization. Most importantly we truly enjoy our work and the environment that we work in!
We provide custom chilled storage for commodities requiring temperature specific conditions. We specialize in the storage, handling, and global distribution of chilled products including seafood and groceries. Our strategic location in Surrey, B.C. is within 20km of the Canada/US border, the YVR Airport, and all major freeways which allows us to seamlessly handle all of our customers’ needs.
Nature of Position: Monday to Friday - 9:00am to 5:30pm and Tuesday to Saturday - 9:00am to 5:30pm
What You’ll Do
The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and seamless processing of incoming and outgoing shipments. The Warehouse Associate will load and unload shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting, and use any necessary equipment, i.e. lift truck, forklift, etc. Other responsibilities include the inspection of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify contents and quality and may be required to assist in the scheduling of freight appointments. This worker must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of warehouse operations. Inventory management, order picking, and relations with applicable office staff are essential functions for this position. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
· Prepare receiving dock to accept incoming product and oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries
· Prepare materials for shipment
· Match incoming and outgoing product with purchase orders
· Verify product expiration codes
· Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off as well inspecting product to ensure saleable condition with acceptable code dating
· Report any discrepancies to immediate supervisor
· Operate a forklift or electric pallet jack in a safe manner to relocate product
· Maintain a safe work environment and contribute to our safety culture
· Lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
· Follow all current SOPs
· Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking
· Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required
· Sort and distribute incoming shipments
· Ensure shipments contain proper documentation and if there are multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete
· Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments, and deliveries
· Perform other duties as required
What You Need to Get the Job Done
· High School diploma or GED
· Forklift certification and demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment
· Ability to work in a cold environment (2° to 3° Celsius)
· Experience in a warehouse environment and shipping and receiving
· Experience loading and unloading trailers
· Ability to safely perform repetitive heavy lifting of 50lbs
· Valid drivers license and good driving record
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
· Ability to work independently and take direction
· Basic mathematical skills
· A positive team attitude – ability to work as a team and independently
· Computer literacy, including working skills of excel and email
· Good organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
What You’ll Love About Us
· Great Company Culture. Our workplace is an open, engaging, and welcoming environment.
· Meaningful work. We offer transparency – we want to hear your thoughts and recommendations. Complexity – you can master new skills and improve. Team environment – have support around you for when you need it.
· Benefits. Extended benefits including health, dental, and vision.
· Fair and competitive wages. We offer the best for our employees and compete with industry standard.
· Retention Bonus. $500 bonus will be paid to those that successfully complete the 3 month probationary period.
Reference ID: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=f5907f79-af79-4af8-80d0-358081d73f8c&ccId;=168111296180_2506&jobId;=416790&source;=CC2⟨=en_CA
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Masks are to be worn at all times, social distancing measures in place, regular sanitization of surfaces.
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- forklift license (preferred)
- drivers license (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About Us NRI Distribution is a specialist in providing North American logistics services to apparel, footwear, equipment, and accessories manufacturers in the outdoor, action sports, fashion and life [...]
Intro Statement GENERAL OFFICE ASSOCIATE Location:19238 54th Avenue, Surrey, BC Shift: Monday - Friday 7am-3:30pm Position Purpose This role will be responsible for performing administr [...]
Our vision is to be the supplier and the employer of choice in our industry. We describe this vision as “The place to be.” The Cloverdale Group will be the largest family owned and operated coatin [...]
The Warehouse Associate verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material [...]