Who We Are Fresh Prep is a revolutionary meal kit delivery service headquartered in Vancouver, BC. We help people throughout the Greater Vancouver and Calgary areas to make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door. From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in. In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020)
in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019).
Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup We value Team Members who see themselves as part of our vision and mission, so check out our story to learn more. Who You Are You take pride in putting in a hard day's work and value being rewarded for it. You value an organization that is doing good by its people, the planet, and building prosperity. If this sounds like you so far, below are some of the other characteristics of our current Team Members: • Ultra Reliable.
Since we work in teams, we need team members who are engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner. Are you willing to show up on time and work hard • Responsible. You’re a self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed. Can you be trusted to act without needing strict supervision?
- Ready to Grow. Fresh Prep is a rapidly growing company and there are many opportunities for advancement. Are you looking to learn and grow with us? • Can Take Direction.
You can follow instructions and complete tasks in a timely manner. What You'll Be Doing At Fresh Prep, every day may be different! While we are currently in “growth mode”, things are becoming more and more streamlined. This means that your first day may not look like your third or your tenth, but each day you will be doing some of the following: • You will be working your shift in an area where the temperature is maintained between 4-6 degrees Celsius (Yes, that is 4 degrees above freezing).
- The main activity in this department is the picking of our customers' customized food orders and combining them together in a shipping container, sorted by our delivery drivers routes. • You could be selecting items from our storage containers and combining all the different items ordered by our customers onto a sortation rack for combining into our shipping containers. • You will also be learning to process our customers orders into our shipping containers by drivers routes. • This department works on a just in time delivery system so it is very fast-paced in meeting specific volumes and delivery windows.
- You will be required to work in a safe manner and to assist in maintaining a clean, healthy, food-safe production facility. What We Are Looking For • Previous experience in food manufacturing, warehouse, or high-paced environment preferred. • Able to work in a high-paced warehouse environment with strict deadlines. • Comfortable working in a temperature controlled environment.
The warehouse is kept at between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius. • Able to stand on your feet for 8 hour shifts. • Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs (13 kgs). What You Can Expect • Competitive pay, starting at $17.35/hour for full-time employees.
- Consistent weekly scheduling with paid breaks. • Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful full-time employment. • Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week after 90 days of successful full-time employment.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Specific Skills - Address customers' complaints or concerns - Recruit, train and supervise staff - Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices - Ensure health and safety regulations are followe [...]
Overview: WildBrain Studios is looking for an experienced Producer to join our team! In this rolee, you will overseeing all aspects of production including planning scope and scheduling – from sc [...]
- or equivalent experience Additional Skills - Address customers' complaints or concerns - Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures - Establish methods to meet work schedules Wor [...]
Our Story Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serv [...]