Banff Jasper Collection by Pursuit
What will be your daily pursuit?:
Provide value-added guest experience to Lodge and Lounge guests.
What perks can you expect?:
- Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe
- Seasonal work experience in an iconic, unforgettable, and inspiring location
- Fast-paced and active position â€“ get your step counter ready!
- The chance to work in an inclusive culture and make life-long friends
- Opportunities for career growth or future work at other Pursuit locations
- Access to one of the worldâ€™s most beautiful and iconic National Parks
What will you do in this job?:
In the Night Audit role,
you will work within the team of other hotel and Columbia Icefield staff to personalize the guest experience at the Glacier View Lodge (GVL), providing nighttime supervision and guest service at the GVL Front Desk between 11pm and 7am. The Night Audit, in addition to Front Desk Agent duties, performs the daily cash control duties relating to the GVL and should enjoy working autonomously and independently. This is a multi-faceted position and can include any, or all, of the following:
This is a seasonal, full time position from April until October and reports to the Glacier View Lodge Hotel Manager and Supervisor.
- Providing nighttime supervision and guest service at the GVL Front Desk between 11pm and 7am
- Educating guests on Pursuit Attractions and guiding them through the purchasing process
- Provide a professional, friendly and efficient check-in and check-out process
- Answering and directing Columbia Icefield and GVL phone calls and emails
- Coordinating efforts to accommodate guest requests
- Knowledge of Maestro, Expedia, Booking.com, Wizard
- Maintaining cleanliness of GVL Lobby and Moraine Lounge
- Maintaining inventory and ordering of GVL office supplies
- Maintaining cleanliness of guest areas
- Operate the point of sale system with accuracy and efficiency, the responsible handling of cash, credit cards, and cash out forms
- Communicate with co-workers and management, forward observations and comments in a timely fashion
- Uphold the high standard of environmental stewardship expected for all employees
What skills and experience do you need for this job?:
- Enjoy working autonomously and independently
- Must get excited at the idea of living and working in a remote (yet very social) environment
- Current Alberta Pro Serve Certification (Required)
- Organization and time management skills are a must, but a passion for making a difference for each guest and employee is the most important aspect of this position!
- Previous cash handling, hotel front desk, hotel night auditing experience, assets
- Guest service-oriented mindset and enjoys working in a team environment
- Friendly, approachable, interactive nature
- Ability to think outside the box with quick, thoughtful judgement and a positive attitude
- Able to perform assigned duties with a high level of attention to detail, speed, consistency, follow through and under minimal supervision
- Able to lift 50 pounds (suitcases, laundry bags and mail)
- Speaks second language, an asset
- Enjoy working with a team in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Meet the grooming and appearance standards
- Exceptional guest-service skills and a friendly, approachable, interactive nature
- Seeking mature, energetic, dependable candidate that is self-motivated with little supervision
- First Aid Certification and Class 5 driverâ€™s license would both be considered assets
- Very important: must be flexible to work mornings, evenings or night shifts as required
- What will your work environment be like?:
This fun, summer job runs from April 20 to October 12, 2022.
- Beautiful. Youâ€™ll work in iconic, unforgettable and inspiring locations. Youâ€™ll see amazing scenery and wildlife. Youâ€™ll participate in team events â€“ and fun!
- Independent. Youâ€™ll spend your days in and around national parks.
- Remote. Our home is filled with trees, lakes and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways and smog. Connect with friends around a bonfire instead of through WiFi
- Busy. You need to be prepared for a physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds with assistance) required
This job description describes this role at a high level, but no document can anticipate every single task, issue or project that could come up. We work as a team and believe that we succeed together â€“ these job duties may change based on the needs of the team and company as a whole.
To handle this job successfully, any person hired must be able to perform responsibilities as described. Pursuit will make any reasonable accommodation to help a person with disabilities perform their job. This job is based in Alberta, Canada. Relocation to the area and the legal ability to work in Canada is required.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
What will be your daily pursuit?: Welcome all Gondola guests at both the lower and upper terminals. What perks can you expect?: - Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe [...]
Your Opportunity: Please see this exciting opportunity to join the North Zone Environmental Public Health Leadership Team. The Northwest Manager position is based out of the Grande Prairie Provincia [...]
Join Livingston and grow your career in the constantly changing world of international trade. Livingston is a market leader offering customs brokerage, international trade consulting, compliance and f [...]
We are looking for an adventurer to join our diverse and dynamic team! The iFront desk and Night audit role will be the face of the hotel/resort/inn and will set the tone of the guest's experience. [...]