Banff Jasper Collection by Pursuit
What will be your daily pursuit?:
Support, coach, encourage and ensure that each member of the Skywalk team provides an interactive and professional guest experience, aiming above and beyond our guestsâ€™ expectations.
What perks can you expect?:
- Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe
- Seasonal work experience in iconic, unforgettable, and inspiring locations
- Fast-paced and active position â€“ get your step counter ready!
- The chance to work in an inclusive culture and make life-long friends
- Opportunities for career growth or future work at other Pursuit locations
- Access to one of the worldâ€™s most beautiful and iconic National Parks
What will you do in this job?:
- Support, coach, encourage and ensure that each member of the Skywalk team provides an interactive and professional guest experience, aiming above and beyond our guestsâ€™ expectations
- Act on and schedule all regular daily tasks such as but not limited to: ticket validating, scheduling, shuttle loading/unloading, audio tour upkeep
- Maintain high housekeeping standards across the entire attraction
- Ensure the smooth daily operation of the Skywalk Experience
- This includes but is not limited to: interpretive station talks, live presentations and 30 â€“ 45 minute guided tours
- Must set the example for other interpreters and demonstrate a strong passion for guest experience
- Oversee daily scheduling of all front line staff in lieu of Supervisor or Manager
- Ensure a memorable and positive experience for our guests and staff through delivering the standard operating policies and procedures as they relate to our service, operational, safety and employee engagement standards and practices
- Act as the team leader for the Skywalk Guides
- Ensure delivery on key performance areas, and relaying feedback and solutions to the Leadership team at the Columbia Icefield
- Deliver an exceptional interpretive experience to a wide variety of guests from around the world
- Focus on operational excellence, team development, service standards and consistencies
- Assist Skywalk Manager and Supervisor with tasks in a timely and detailed manner
What skills and experience do you need for this job?:
- Organization and time management skills are a must, but a passion for making a difference for each guest and employee is the most important aspect of this position!
- Must get excited at the idea of living and working in a remote (yet very social) environment
- Strong administrative skills and a Class 5 driverâ€™s license (clean abstract) are required for this role
- Previous leadership, interpretive guiding and cash handling experience preferred
- Guest service-oriented mindset and a passion for coaching and developing employee skills
- Ability to think on the fly and outside the box to solve problems with a positive attitude
- Seeking someone mature, energetic, dependable and self-driven to work with the Skywalk team
- Ability to thrive and lead independently in a fast-paced, chaotic, high-pressure environment
- Must meet and set a strong example for Pursuit grooming standards
- Able to stand and work outside in varying mountain weather conditions (snow, rain, wind, hail)
- Commitment to become an interpretive expert and ambassador through the completion of a week-long interpretive training program (provided upon starting employment)
- To honour our commitment to be â€œAlways Honestâ€ all employees must consent to a criminal record check
- Standard First-Aid or higher an asset
What will your work environment be like?:
This fun, summer job runs from April 16 until October 10, 2022.
- Beautiful. Youâ€™ll work in iconic, unforgettable and inspiring locations. Youâ€™ll see amazing scenery and wildlife. Youâ€™ll participate in team events â€“ and fun!
- Independent. Youâ€™ll spend your days in and around national parks.
- Remote. Our home is filled with trees, lakes and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways and smog. Connect with friends around a bonfire instead of through WiFi
- Busy. You need to be prepared for a physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds with assistance) required
This job description describes this role at a high level, but no document can anticipate every single task, issue or project that could come up. We work as a team and believe that we succeed together â€“ these job duties may change based on the needs of the team and company as a whole.
To handle this job successfully, any person hired must be able to perform responsibilities as described. Pursuit will make any reasonable accommodation to help a person with disabilities perform their job. This job is based in Alberta, Canada. Relocation to the area and the legal ability to work in Canada is required.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
What will be your daily pursuit?: Welcome all Gondola guests at both the lower and upper terminals. What perks can you expect?: - Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe [...]
Your Opportunity: Please see this exciting opportunity to join the North Zone Environmental Public Health Leadership Team. The Northwest Manager position is based out of the Grande Prairie Provincia [...]
Join Livingston and grow your career in the constantly changing world of international trade. Livingston is a market leader offering customs brokerage, international trade consulting, compliance and f [...]
We are looking for an adventurer to join our diverse and dynamic team! The iFront desk and Night audit role will be the face of the hotel/resort/inn and will set the tone of the guest's experience. [...]