Crop Production Advisor â€“ Reston, MB, CA
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrienâ„¢, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products,
including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven ®Seed and Dyna-Gro ®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding annual sales goals and profit margin objectives as set by branch management
- Implement on-farm based sales strategy to promote Nutrien Ag Solutions products and services
- Maintain and analyze a database/record of customer profiles (product usage and service requirements) in order to identify, categorize, and prioritize customer base
- Develop and maintain effective business relations with current and potential future customers, based upon an approach that targeting customers with whom the company can profitable to do business
- Provide timely service as well as agronomic information and advice to current and potential customers.
- Arrange access to specialists where necessary to bring mutual benefit to the customer and organization
- Arrange customer learning opportunities that provide incremental value
- Keep informed of competitor activities within the market area and recommends marketing program and service revisions
- Review customer accounts to ensure that payments are within the approved credit policy and perform collection functions as required
- Monitor competitive activity and trends
- Interpret soil, tissue and water analysis
- Initiate trials that will support marketing efforts
- Research and respond to technical inquiries
What you will bring:
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function. Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered
- 2+ years sales experience
- Valid class 5 driverâ€™s license
- Excellent computer skills including all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- CCA or P.Ag. accreditation is a definite asset, but not required
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment and that proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description: Crop Production Advisor – Reston, MB, CA At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is mor [...]