The Ottawa Hospital
About The Ottawa Hospital
Inspired by research and driven by compassion!
The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) is one of Canada’s largest learning and research multi-campus hospitals. With more than 1,100 beds and approximately 12,000 staff members, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region.
From the compassion of our people to the relentless pursuit of new discoveries, The Ottawa Hospital never stops seeking solutions to the most complex health-care challenges while continually engaging with the community to support our vision for better patient care.
Working together with its research institute, the University of Ottawa, and other partners,
the hospital is continually gaining national and international recognition for high-quality patient care, teaching and research, while striving to meet the needs of the culturally diverse community we serve.
Temporary position until approximately June 01, 2022.
Rotation - Days, 8 hour shifts.
- Business/secretarial community college diploma;
- Three years previous secretarial or administrative assistant experience;
- Experience in a health care setting;
- Successful completion of TOH medical terminology self-directed learning program or certification in medical terminology from a recognized educational institution;
- Keyboarding (55 wpm);
- Advanced Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook;
- Experience with web based data entry and monitoring;
- Basic math skills required to complete financial responsibilities, support database development and management, and input financial information into spreadsheets;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills required to interact with and relay messages to all levels of hospital, staff, external contacts and general public;
- Excellent minute-taking ability to support and coordinate committees and task forces;
- Excellent written communcation skills required to support, draft and generate correspondence or documents related to activity or special projects;
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills required to deal with unexpected situations or issues;
- Discretion and sensitivity with respect to handling information and correspondence;
- Eligible to work in Canada;
- Proficiency in English and French – oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
Language proficiency requirements are based on the nature of the position and the level of interaction with French and English-speaking clients.
What you can expect from us
The Ottawa Hospital is committed to providing a healthy, safe, and inclusive work environment for everyone. We are driven by our purpose to provide each patient with the world-class care, exceptional service and compassion we would want for our loved ones.
We offer an attractive and equitable compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, a Defined Benefit Pension (DBP) plan, and insurance protection. We also offer discounts from choice providers on a variety of products and services.
The Ottawa Hospital provides various Health and Wellness resources as well as opportunities for personal and professional development opportunities from our in-house Learning and Leadership Development team to help align your goals with your career objectives.
Interested? Apply today!
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Ottawa office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking an Administrator, Mailroom. Purpose of the Role The main duties of the A [...]
Le nouveau centre de distribution de St-Hubert Détail Mascouche souhaite accueillir un autre chauffeur classe 1 pour effectuer la livraison de nos produits. Les routes peuvent être composées de rô [...]
Nov 20, 2021 Ottawa, CA Why should you consider this opportunity? Would you like to be part of the world's leading producer of building materials that inspire architectural and decorative solutio [...]
Domaine d'emploi: Les services de l'installation/ Gestion de la propriété Type d'emploi: Temps plein Bureau de travail: Durée de l'attribution: À propos de BGIS BGIS est un chef de file de [...]