Raytheon Intelligence & Space
All successful applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or have a bona fide exemption. Do not submit medical records with your application.
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon Canada provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M;) of the NWS system including full care,
custody and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair, logistics support and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon requires a Logistical Support Site (LSS) Manager at our Sanirajak (Hall Beach) Nunavut location. The LSS manager is responsible for the daily operation of the LSS which includes scheduling and overseeing zone work, responding to incidents involving radar site operations and supporting activities/visits initiated by the client.
****This is a 6 week x 6 week rotational position. ****
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and supervise the daily operation of the LSS – accomplish LSS objectives by managing staff, planning and evaluating LSS activities.
- Ensure safety, productivity and efficiency to the standards of the SOW and to the satisfaction of the program.
- Schedule, supervise and monitor subcontracted personnel as needed to accomplish tasks as well as current employees. Provide guidance to employees, subcontractors and customer visitors.
- Communicate job expectations: plan, monitor and appraise job results and initiate corrective actions when/where necessary.
- Provide guidance and training to customer personnel in establishing operation, maintenance and inspection procedures and techniques.
- Maintain statistics, create and submit timely reports and estimates on manpower requirements as required by the SOW and the program.
- Advise and assist in effecting design changes to improve LSS efficiency and/or reduce cost of operation.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures necessary to support the maintenance and control of LSS systems.
- Interface with internal and external customers ensuring effective communication regarding status and priority of work.
- Enforce safety and security procedures.
- Enforce and follow facility and company policies.
- Responsible for solving problems and/or conflicts with the customer.
- Responsible for performance management of LSS employees including orientation, conducting evaluations, initiating training & development, coaching, counselling and discipline as per company policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and open communication with the Operations Manager.
- Traveling to various NWS sites will be required some of which are remote northern locations and subject to inclement weather conditions. Work will take place both indoors and outdoors, ad may be physically demanding at times.
- Keep work spaces and general areas clean, orderly and hazard free and wear personal protective equipment
- Prepare personal time sheets.
- A team effort towards all tasks is expected.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in an applicable trade or technical field.
- 3 years minimum experience in both personnel (performance management), workflow supervision and management.
- Must be familiar safety regulations and practices.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Standard First Aid trained with CPR Level A (with valid certificate) preferred
- Must already hold a Level II (Secret) Clearance or be eligible to obtain one.
- Approval of security clearance by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate is a condition of employment.
- Hold a valid class ‘G’ driver’s license, or provincial/territorial equivalent.
- Customer service and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal skills (English).
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS).
- Fire Extinguisher experience.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is to be worn at all times.
- Generating charts, tables, memoranda, reports, correspondence and other materials with speed and accuracy.
Raytheon Canada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.192412
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.