Southbridge Care Homes
Location: Plantagenent, ON
The position is part-time unionized with a competitive salary. Under the direction of the Food Service Supervisor or his designate, he is responsible for the efficient serving of meals according to resident preferences and special diets. Performs all serving, portioning and cleaning duties in a sanitary manner. Uses small and large equipment and dishwashers. Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing menus, preparing food following standardized recipes and production sheets.
- In the absence of the Food Services Manager assists with their responsibilities.
- Monitor quality and quantity of food supplies and recommend corrective action when need be regarding quality.
- Coaches Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities; assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Food Services Manager, including staff replacements and service calls for malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains all required records and cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs.
Must meet one of the three (3) following qualification scenarios:
- Chef training or culinary management certificate/diploma from a program that meets the requirements of the Ontario Long Term Care Act; or
- Certificate of qualification as a Cook issued by an authority meeting the requirements of the Ontario Long Term Care Act, or
- Post-secondary diploma in food and nutrition management or a post-secondary degree in food and nutrition
Additional qualifications include:
- Red Seal Cook Trade Certification preferred.
- Experience in institutional large quantity cooking preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proven ability to provide direction and lead others within a busy environment.
- Must provide a current Safe Food Handling Certificate issued by the TBDHU.
- Must possess/able to obtain a current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
Interested applicants should send their resume here. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care, and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Job Type: Part-time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Ottawa office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking an Administrator, Mailroom. Purpose of the Role The main duties of the A [...]
Le nouveau centre de distribution de St-Hubert Détail Mascouche souhaite accueillir un autre chauffeur classe 1 pour effectuer la livraison de nos produits. Les routes peuvent être composées de rô [...]
Nov 20, 2021 Ottawa, CA Why should you consider this opportunity? Would you like to be part of the world's leading producer of building materials that inspire architectural and decorative solutio [...]
Domaine d'emploi: Les services de l'installation/ Gestion de la propriété Type d'emploi: Temps plein Bureau de travail: Durée de l'attribution: À propos de BGIS BGIS est un chef de file de [...]