WJS Canada in Prince George supports adults with Addictions, Complex Mental Health, and Behavioral needs, including sexually intrusive behaviours through our Cluster Living program. We provide supports and mentoring to individuals with the designation of FASD, PDD/ASD who are living semi-independently in the PSI Cluster Living Residence. Located in downtown Prince George, the residences are close to all amenities, transit, local shops, restaurants, hospitals and resources. WJS staff encourage individuals to live a full life with personalized care based on individual needs. Our commitment is to provide the people we serve with programs that maximize progress and independence, support unique strengths and qualities,
and encourage integration into the community and is a harm reduction model. WJS staff provide individuals with personalized supports to maximize progress and promote independent living. These skill streaming services cover training in maintaining housing through development of home management skills, problem solving, community safety, grocery shopping, meal preparation, accessing tertiary supports, budgeting and banking.
In Your Role You Will
- Monitors residents through the night and attends to any medical and behavioural needs that arise during the night.
- Follows through on direction regarding specific residents left by the day staff.
- Notifies staff of any major problems or emergencies; responds to emergencies according to
established policies and procedures.
- Supports residents with their morning and evening routines at the beginning and end of shift.
- Ensures residents follow house rules; monitors curfew regulations and reports to appropriate
authorities as required.
- Administers medications to residents according to established policy and procedure.
- Ensures logbooks and other documentation such as charts and incident reports are complete.
- Performs light housekeeping duties such as vacuuming, dusting, emptying garbage, cleaning and laundry; performs minor building maintenance such as changing light bulbs; reports maintenance needs to the program manager.
- Complies with policies, procedures and values of the agency, and uses best practices when supporting residents.
- Utilizes practices that promote service recipient health, welfare, safety and security; secures the building by arming alarms and locking doors and windows.
- Prepares and assists residents in breakfast preparation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The awake residential night worker (ARNW) for this licensed, accredited agency attends to the health, well-being, safety and security of residents and the program site at night, and provides general, non-specific services to clients as required. This position will be alone during the overnight hours and must feel comfortable working alone, with support from fellow team members and the On-Call Manager, as needed. Maintains a comfortable and clean living environment. This position requires union membership with BCGEU.
One (1) permanent full-time positions with weekly schedule of 40 hours per week:
- Wednesday through Sunday, 0000-0800
Criminal Record Check/Ministry Check Statement
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Grade 12 education PLUS certificate, OR minimum of 6 months equivalent experience in related human/social service field
- Other combination of education and experience may be considered
- Current WCB Occupational First Aid, Level 1 (or ability to obtain within the probation period)
- Experience with behaviour management, basic sign language and/or alternative communications strategies training
- Ability to use common computer applications required (training provided)
- Clear physician’s note confirming suitability, including a negative tuberculosis screening test
- Experience working with complex health (including personal hygiene and seizures) is preferred
- Successful candidate must sign an oath of confidentiality, a conflict of interest statement, abuse protocols and a code of ethics statement.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'We serve individuals and families with high quality, personalized, and culturally responsive support'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
While WJS serves individuals in many communities across Canada, these contracted opportunities are in the area of Prince George, BC. Often referred to as BC’s Northern Capital, Prince George is located at the cross roads of Highway 97 and Highway 16. The bustling city offers an active and diverse community with a dry climate, including four distinct seasons. There is an abundance of sport-related opportunities for all ages, in addition to a vast array of cultural events and activities. For more information on living and working in Prince George, visit: http://princegeorge.ca
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description WHO ARE WE? We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting th [...]
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing you [...]
Artic Machinery Ltd. is a BC heavy machinery dealership based out of Prince George, BC and we are expanding into the Lower Mainland. We are the BC distributor for XCMG heavy equipment, the 3rd largest [...]
We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced Chefs to lead our culinary teams towards continued success in this ever-evolving industry. As the Chef, you will have the opportunity to lead the culina [...]