Queensway Carleton Hospital
General Posting Information
Part-time (0.50 FTE)
Approximately 37.5 Bi-weekly hours
5.25 hours per shift (subject to change)
Scale Minimum Maximum
OPSE13 $40.00/hr $50.97/hr
- To provide quality social work services to individual patients and their families.
- To provide timely psychosocial assessments and interventions
- To coordinate discharge plans with patients, their families, the multidisciplinary team and a wide range of community services
- To make referrals to appropriate community resources
- Demonstrate QCH values: accountability, innovation, respect
- Master of Social Work Degree in Clinical Social Work
- Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Two years social work experience in a hospital setting or relevant/similar setting
- Experience in general medicine, geriatrics, palliative care and discharge planning.
- Must be comfortable dealing with end of life issues and providing guidance and support to families and team members.
- Excellent working knowledge of medical terminology and diagnoses
- Knowledge of a broad range of social and community services including placement resources for senior and chronically ill patients.
- Must be knowledgeable about adult protection legislation and the identification, reporting, intervention and documentation requirements in cases of abuse against women and seniors.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Health Care Consent and Substitute Decisions Acts and other appropriate legislation as it pertains to discharge planning and seniors
- Must demonstrate an advanced level of practice competence in psychosocial assessment; safety/risk assessment; crisis intervention and prevention; and grief, loss and adjustment counseling
- Motivation, energy, creativity and commitment to quality patient care
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with complex patient needs and system demands
Please note that according to the Ontario Health and Queensway Carleton Hospital Vaccination Policy, all applicants must be fully vaccinated unless they can provide the proof of a valid medical contraindication or exemption on the basis of protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code in order to be considered for any staff or volunteer opportunities. Upon hiring, applicants must provide the proof of either government issued documentation proving they have been fully vaccinated, or present supporting documentation of a valid medical contraindication or exemption under Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your continued interest in the Queensway Carleton Hospital. We are committed to providing an environment which is respectful to all. If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
Job Type: Part-time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
General Posting Information POSITION: Social Worker DEPARTMENT: Social Work CONDITIONS: Part-time (0.50 FTE) HOURS: Approximately 37.5 Bi-weekly hours SHIFTS: Days 5.25 hours per [...]
We are searching for educated and experienced applicants to join our Gang Diversion Unit. This role will include meeting one on one with youth involed or at risk for engaging in criminal activity. St [...]
Duties and Responsibilities: Reporting to Director, Center for Indigenous Initiatives, the Indigenous Enrichment Support Program (IESP) Specialist will provide counselling to indigenous students to [...]
Title: Officer, Psychosocial Support Location: Work from home, British Columbia, Canada Type of Contract : Temporary Full time-6 months Salary band : $52,626- $81,260 An iconic brand and o [...]