Vancouver Coastal Health
Clinical Coordinator (RN/RPN) - Mental Health & Addictions
Mental Health & Substance Use Outpatient Services, Early Psychosis Intervention & Youth Intensive Case Management Team, Richmond Hospital - Richmond, BC
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
$43.09 - $52.82 per hour
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Clinical Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Coordinator to join the Mental Health & Substance Use Outpatient Services,
Early Psychosis Intervention team at Richmond Hospital in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Coordinate client care activities to deliver primary care, mental health and addiction services, including housing and crisis intervention to designated residents/clients/patients.
- Lead in planning and implementation of innovative approaches for delivering quality and efficient services to support/promote health and illness prevention strategies.
- Supervise and guide designated staff.
- Consult and collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and family members, and apply the principles of recovery, to provide treatment and case management services that are both inclusionary and flexible for individuals with mental illness and concurrent disorders.
- Act as a clinical resource for staff, support staff training and development and promote education and research.
- Assist Manager with performing administrative duties and coordinate staffing, scheduling and clinical research activities.
- Provide input into proposals, budget policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with leadership team and other health care providers, strive to achieve excellence in client and family centered care and enhancement in quality of life.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) is required.
- Completion of post basic specialty nursing certificate/program if applicable and three (3) years' recent, related experience in the designated clinical area including one (1) year's related administrative/supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle for local area travel may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of mental disorders, addictions and concurrent disorders and the treatment and principles of recovery in mental illness and addictions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation methodology, chemical dependency and addictions treatment, psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects) and psychotherapeutic and counseling skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership, supervision, work direction and consultation.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive mental health and addictions clinical and risk assessments, formulate treatment and discharge plans and provide crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health and addiction housing models and resources.
- Knowledge of evidence-based best practices and issues in the care and treatment of mental disorders, addictions and concurrent disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and collaborate effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of external agencies.
- Knowledge of evidence informed nursing practice related to designated clinical area. (repetition of point above)
- Knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the service population.
- Ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case management process
- Knowledge of relevant primary, secondary and tertiary care programs, residential and other community resources.
- Knowledge of health care disciplines and their role in client care and service provision.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational materials for staff/clients and families based on education theories, principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a supportive, creative learning environment and continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, adjust to unexpected events, mediate and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and support staff through transition.
- Knowledge of basic research, e.g.research ethics, research question, hypothesis and qualitative and quantitative data analyses methods.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well as applicable word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company description We are on a mission to change the way Canadians send and request money! Mosea is a Fintech startup based in Toronto, Ontario, that is working towards revolutionizing the payments [...]
A family Dental office in Richmond Hill is looking for a friendly treatment coordinator. Good communication skill and prior experience with dental offices. Application deadline: 2021-12-02 Expected [...]
Equivalent Experience Aerotek are currently hiring Production Workers for a production/manufacturing plant located in Richmond, BC. This job opportunity will provide full time hours, long term [...]
Job Description: Coding Specialist – Clinical Utilization Services Temporary Full Time (18 month) The Coding Specialist, reporting to the Manager of Utilization and Analytics, and under leadersh [...]