VIA Rail PC Tech (DSE-II) (Montreal, ON)
Provide professional assistance to internal and external customers having hardware- and software-related problems with their supported desktop, laptop or peripherals. Able to resolve local area networking issues to ensure connectivity to the Corporate network, and work with the Infrastructure and Messaging teams as necessary to resolve incidents. Support is provided in a timely manner in accordance to published SLAs while maintaining a high level of customer satisfactions.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Level-2 technical remote & on-site support for supported desktops, laptops, printer, and mobile devices. This includes the following activities:
• Maintaining standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers
• May participate in IT projects as required
• Installing, supporting and troubleshooting approved desktop software via SCCM or on-site.
• Performing planned maintenance, install, moves, adds and changes; either remotely or on-site.
• Provide support services to employees with technical problems involving desktop, laptops, mobile devices or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access (VPN)
• Provides timely resolution of incidents or escalation on behalf of the customers, liaise with other technical departments to resolve technical issues.
- I nstalling, supporting and troubleshooting approved Apple or Android devices
- Mobile Device Management for Apple or Android devices
- Provide support for with Multi-Factor Authentication
• Exercises judgment with defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, take initiative and be pro-active analyzing ticket trends
• Provide feedback to appropriate teams for creation and maintenance of standard images, document as required.
• Requires little day-to-day supervision; able to work on assigned tickets in queue independently, and ensure SLA’s are being met.
• Ability to work on call after hours as required either remotely or on-site.
• Communicate effectively with multiple customers and co-workers
• Able to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Providing case status updates to management and end-users
• Providing phone support and diagnostics to remote customers on VPN.
• Participating in training programs designed to educate customers about basic and specialized applications.
• Provide feedback and recommendations for KBA, as well as create and update KB Articles for ticketing system wiki. (Knowledge Based Articles)
- Needs to be bi-lingual French and English
- Strong customer service skills
- Reliability and a strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to work independently and take ownership
- Solid technical and analytical skills required
- Ability to troubleshoot, support, and repair software and hardware for desktop and laptop computers
- Knowledge of supported Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Experience with Active Directory administration
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, use and troubleshooting techniques of supported versions of Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities
- Experience troubleshooting intermediate complex local area network (LAN) and VPN connectivity issues
EDUCATION and/or WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent certifications and experience required
- Beginner Level Service Now experience
- Intermediate Level SCCM experience
- Beginner Level Mobile Device Management experience – WorkspaceONE/AirWatch experience preferred but not mandatory
- A+ Certification recommended, MCTS, MCITP, ITIL Certification preferred
- 5+ years of related experience preferred
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to lift 50lbs (printers, desktop machines, etc.)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Description du poste En tant que scientifique en R et D au sein de l'équipe La Forge chez Ubi MTL, vous définirez ce que nous recherchons dans votre propre domaine d'expertise, en nous concentrant [...]
Description du poste En tant que chef de projet informatique au sein de l’équipe Harbour chez Ubi MTL, vous déterminez la direction stratégique et les normes de qualité d'une plateforme web en [...]
Description de l'entreprise ES-TU FORGÉ POUR AIM RECYCLAGE ? Recycle à l’échelle mondiale. Rejoins-nous dans notre mission de recycler, chaque année, plus de 3 000 000 de tonnes de métaux à [...]
Company Description SSENSE (pronounced [es-uhns]) is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce. Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of es [...]