Vancouver Coastal Health
Willingdon Creek Village - Powell River, BC
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible
$25.83 per hour
Days off: Rotating
Come work as an Activity Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Activity Worker to join the team at Willingdon Creek Village in Powell River, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As an Activity Worker with VCH you will:
- Work under general supervision and in cooperation with multi-disciplinary team members to carry out established activity programs.
- Perform duties such as:
- organizing activities,
- transporting clients/residents to and from excursions,
- accompanying clients/residents on outings and coordinating portering,
- demonstrating and teaching activity techniques,
- and assisting clients/residents with practicing daily living skills.
- Report relevant observations of client/resident progress and behaviours to the Therapist and/or other healthcare staff.
- Provide direction to volunteers.
- Organize equipment and supplies for activities.
- Ensure a safe work environment, and maintains established inventory of supplies.
ABOUT POWELL RIVER, BC
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre - once home to the world's largest pulp and paper mill - Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you've long been waiting for.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, completion of recognized recreational courses plus two (2) years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 4 driver’s license (unrestricted).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
You are responsible for everything that happens during your shift. This includes all cost controls, inventory control, cash control and Customer relations. You must set the example. You must follow AL [...]
It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada. We’re looking for a qualified, full-time Housekeeper to join our [...]
Lift Community Services is working with all levels of government to eliminate homelessness in the qathet Regional District. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about supporting from a harm-r [...]
Job Description: Job Title: Concurrent Disorder Clinician - Master Degree Work Site Alcohol & Drug, Powell River Mental Health, Powell River, BC Status: Casual Start Date: As soon as possib [...]