RSM’s purpose is to deliver the power of being understood to our clients, colleagues and communities through world-class audit, tax and consulting services focused on middle market businesses. The clients we serve are the engine of global commerce and economic growth, and we are focused on developing leading professionals and services to meet their evolving needs in today’s ever-changing business environment.
Our Finance and Accounting Outsourcing (FAO) practice is looking for skilled professionals to join us at the Manager level. RSM’s FAO practice blends to best of both worlds by providing candidates with all the career growth opportunities that come with working for a public accounting firm,
while at the same time operating in private company environments on a daily basis. We provide accounting, technology and consulting services to private, lower middle market clients, with revenues ranging from $0 to $100 million. In other words, we are the accounting department for our clients. Our diverse industry base includes technology, life science, not-for-profit, consumer products and professional service organizations, just to name a few. This position will need to work to deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, such as month end close, financial reporting, year-end audit support, and the support of budget and forecasting activities. In addition, you will have the ability to learn and efficiently use our best-in-class cloud based technology stack. FAO Managers will have contact with our clients (CEO, COO, CFO, VP of Finance, Controller, etc.), as well as other client contacts including tax and professional service providers.
We operate in a team-based environment and have a proven track record of delivering exceptional value to our customers. The key attributes that will make someone successful in this role include:
- Ability to manage, coach, and motivate a team
- Assertive, collaborative, team player and desire to learn different industries and develop a Controller skill set
- Superior ability to prioritize and focus in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment
- Willingness to learn and work with emerging technology solutions such as OCR(Optical Character Recognition), AI(Artificial Intelligence) and Accounting BOTS
- Professional presentation and great communication skills as contact with clients will be extensive
- Interest in personal/professional development and advancement
- Dedication to lifelong learning, including staying abreast of best practices in financial management
- Ability to analyze and interpret - not just report - financial information to add value to client businesses as a trusted adviser
- Solid Excel skills (create tables, use formulas, pivot tables)
This is a hands-on position that requires transaction processing and account reconciliation skills. Duties include:
- Overall day-to-day management of the accounting and finance functions of multiple clients in a shared services environment playing the Controller role of your clients
- Participate in client design sessions to analyze requirements and redesign business processes in connection with FAO best practices in areas such as chart of account redesign, procure to pay, order to cash, month end close, record to report, etc.
- Lead, manage and coach client services representatives, associates, senior associates and supervisors
- Review client’s monthly financial statements including month over month variance analysis and / or actual to budget analysis
- Analyze and interpret financial information for client management and provide actionable insight and decision support
- Continuously identify opportunities to enhance the clients monthly operations make suggestions for process improvements
- Understand our technology stack and identify additional add-on processes, systems, modules and integrations that can drive month end close efficiencies.
- Define and document repeatable methodologies with appropriate tools and templates that can be leveraged for future projects.
- Establish engagement budgets
- Direct initial assessments, implementations and onboarding of new FAO clients
- Write service agreements and statements of work
- Participate in meetings with new client prospects and in the proposal process
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in a public accounting firm, consulting firm or other professional services environment preferred but not required
- Progressive experience in accounting and financial management in a corporate accounting environment, in roles such as accounting manager, assistant controller, controller, director of finance CFO.
- Strong technical financial accounting (GAAP) knowledge
- Strong management accounting and operational finance knowledge
- Experience in the financial planning and analysis (FP&A;) function (financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of accounting/ERP software. Knowledge of Intacct and/or Bill.com a plus.
- Proven leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills with sensitivity to timeframes, budgets, and outcomes across multiple clients/projects.
- Experience with automated accounting systems (i.e. Intacct, NetSuite, Blackline, Bill.com, Tallie)
- CPA preferred
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
JOB DESCRIPTION We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference. Since 1853, we’ve been obsessed with innovation to meet people’s needs. We invented the first blue [...]
Company Description Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. From building a new product feature for our commerce platform, to helping a merchant troubleshoot an issue over the ph [...]
cares for the basic needs of infants and toddlers, changing their diapers and preparing their meals. maintain the children's schedules, such as play, nap, and meal times. ... Supervise and monitor the [...]
Your Opportunity: Reporting to the manager of the Southern Alberta Forensic Psychiatry Centre, the Mental Health Aide works in alignment with the established protocols for the NCR-MD (Not Criminally [...]