Primary Location: 2700 Matheson Blvd E, Mississauga, ON, CAN
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 219575
The Data Product Analyst is responsible for championing the interests and objectives of business owners within Cox Automotive Canada (CAC), anticipating future business needs and identifying opportunities for complex analysis. This individual will be able to explore and understand data and collaborate to build advanced data-driven solutions and models, then present and discuss the resulting models to any level of audience.
Candidate will develop a deep understanding of multiple Cox Automotive data sources - such as Media,
Retail, Inventory, Financial, International, Vehicle, Consumer, Client and/or Marketing - and determine how best to link disparate data sets and extract value from them to create new product opportunities. They will also design and drive the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modeling, big data and optimization tools for Cox Automotive Canada.
Candidates must have a good understanding of project management concepts and techniques and should have the skills to execute the activities necessary to reach the project objectives. This role will serve as organizer, facilitator, analyst, and occasionally as a problem solver. Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work and contribute in a team environment are essential, as are outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analyzing complex data systems and documenting data elements, data flow, relationships and dependencies.
- Developing automated and reusable ETL routines for extracting and connecting information across many disparate systems.
- Working in partnership with database administrators, systems integrators, architects (data & functional) and business analysts to create meta-data systems, data marts, and transactional data warehousing systems.
- Create new data products.
- Maintaining the integrity of operational data stores.
- Maintaining the integrity of the corporate reports library, validating new user requests against existing functions and ensuring a high level of re-usability.
- Creating effective abstractions and components to ensure reports remain highly resilient to transactional systems changes.
- Developing reports and dashboard solutions using tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, Sisense, SSRS or SharePoint.
- Implementing self-service reporting tools and techniques.
- Work closely and interact directly with Cox Automotive Canada business owners and Data Services team members to identify, rationalize and document business requirements; then design and document practical, useful, and cost-effective solutions in the form of functional specifications which become the basis for development and testing Data driven products/services for the Canadian market.
- Make process improvement and systems enhancement recommendations, leveraging best practices and professional experience.
- Collaborate with client and Enterprise Data Products team to set analytic objectives, approaches and work schedule
- Work effectively on multiple assignments, activities or projects.
- Analyze customer and economic trends that impact business performance and recommend ways to improve outcomes
- Design and deploy data-science and technology based algorithmic solutions to address business needs for Cox Automotive Canada.
- Identify, understand and evaluate new commerce analytic and data technologies to determine the effectiveness of the solution and its feasibility of integration with Cox Automotive s current platforms
- Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers.
- Develops innovative approaches to accomplish short- and long-term objectives.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS/IT or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of relevant business experience preferred
- Ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret large quantities of data. Ability to organize findings and translate into actionable insights using original or innovative techniques or style
- Five years of experience in advanced level PL-SQL and T-SQL.
- Hands-on experience in the setup and development of reporting tools such as SSRS.
- Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Excel/PowerPivot, Power View, SSAS and other data analysis tools.
- 2-3 years of experience integrating and automating reports and dashboards using information distribution, presentment, and user self-serve technologies such as Tableau, Sisense, SAS or Power BI.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and participation in at least 1 data mart or data warehouse project in the last 3 years.
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Familiarity with programming languages and technologies such as Java, Python, R, Scala is preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating complex team efforts is preferred
- Basic understanding of cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), Spark, Hadoop (Sqoop, Flume, HDFS), NoSQL datastores (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, graph), and Databases (Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server, MySQL) is preferred
About our team
Were a fast-growing team, based in Toronto, collaborating with Technology and Analyst groups across the Cox Automotive family Internationally to create and scale applications to run on the Cox Automotive Hadoop cluster, or in AWS. Cox Automotive, a part of Cox Enterprises, is the industry leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing, and software solutions for dealers and consumers.
What We Offer:
- Twenty-four (24) days of paid time off per year
- Generous Insurance plan paid by Cox Automotive Canada (medical, dental, life, disability)
- Tuition Reimbursement and time off for studies
- RRSP contribution plan with corporate matching component
- Venngo Discount programs
- Fast paced, multicultural work environment
- Career pathing - opportunity for development and advancement within the Cox Automotive family of companies
- Opportunity for involvement with local communities through company sponsored volunteering program
- Cox Automotive Canada was named one of Greater Torontos Top Employers
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration (0-2 years experience). Please do not apply without this qualification as your resume will not be considered. - SAP or similar en [...]
Must have Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration (0-2 years experience). Please do not apply without this qualification as your resume will not be considered. SAP or similar ent [...]
Primary Location: 2700 Matheson Blvd E, Mississauga, ON, CAN Division: Cox Automotive Job Level: Individual Contributor Travel: No Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job Requisition Numb [...]
Primary Location: 2700 Matheson Blvd E, Mississauga, ON, CAN Division: Cox Automotive Job Level: Individual Contributor Travel: No Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job Requisitio [...]