Vancouver Community College
Computer Aided Design- Jewellery Art & Design
This position is responsible for teaching students in an assigned field of study using a diverse set of instruction methods and tools. The position develops curriculum, prepares teaching materials, provides assessments of students’ progress. It ensures the proper stewardship of college facilities, equipment and other inventories. The position is also responsible for upholding the College’s policies and procedures and for participating in meetings and events and on committees.
1. Teaches students using a diverse and systematic plan of lectures,presentations, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work,
shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects.
2. Develops curr iculum and prepares teaching materials and outlines for courses including audio visual and web-related materials where appropriate.
3. Prepares, a dministers and marks papers, tests, exams and other assessments to monitor and evaluate students’ progress. Provides detailed feedback on student performance.
4. Assists and provides support to students and potential students by advising on program curricula and career decisions.
5. Provides individualized or group tutorial or remedi al instruction to students who require it.
6. Maintains effective ste wardship of classroom facilities, equipment, materials, software and tools.
7. Arranges for and supervises independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training.
8. Adheres to VCC policies and procedures including being available to students and maintaining confidentiality of student information.
9. Participates in departmental and college meetings and events. Consults with other College departments and may serve on committees concerning matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and certificate or diploma requirements.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
Area Hiring Criteria
- Minimum 2 Years Diploma (or equivalent) in digital design technologies,
Bachelor’s or Master’s preferred
- Knowledge of 3D printing, CNC and laser‐cutting technologies
- Minimum 5 years recent experience working in CAD product design or jewellery
- BC Instructor’s Diploma, equivalent, or willingness to complete
- Excellent Communication Skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work as a team member
- Experience teaching adults preferred
Salary Range - Prorated based on FTE
In accordance with the VCCFA Collective Agreement
Type of Position
Primary Location - This position may require you to work at all VCC locations.
Is this posting only for internal applicants?
Desired Start Date - May be subject to change
Position End Date - If temporary
Additional Notes for Applicants
Vancouver Community College is committed to maintaining a work force that represents the diverse community we serve and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Is this a pooled posting?
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Specific Skills - Address customers' complaints or concerns - Recruit, train and supervise staff - Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices - Ensure health and safety regulations are followe [...]
Overview: WildBrain Studios is looking for an experienced Producer to join our team! In this rolee, you will overseeing all aspects of production including planning scope and scheduling – from sc [...]
- or equivalent experience Additional Skills - Address customers' complaints or concerns - Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures - Establish methods to meet work schedules Wor [...]
Our Story Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serv [...]