Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
Interfaces with: Vendors, faculty, staff, students and the entire school community
Stratford Hall, an independent, K-12 IB World School, invites applications from individuals who wish to join our dynamic team. Located in Vancouver, BC, the School is home to 530 students and a faculty and staff of over 85 teachers and support staff. Our graduates attend the top post-secondary schools in Canada, the U.S. and abroad. Stratford Hall was the first IB continuum school in BC and has a rich tradition of educational excellence in the Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes.
- Full cycle accounting up to and including monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Ensure timely and accurate financials to include variances in comparison to budget.
- Provide financial analysis where required.
- Assist with annual organizational budgeting process and forecasts.
- Produce and distribute departmental actuals in comparison to budgets and meet with various department managers to ensure their budgets are on track.
- Manage fixed asset schedules.
- Manage prepaids, monthly accruals, recurring J/E’s, deferred revenue recognition.
- Ensure proper financial controls are in place, documented and updated where required.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Timely bank reconciliations, monitor various bank balances and ensure proper cash flows are on hand to cover operating costs.
- Monitor and record investment and debt financing transactions and advise Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) of any excess cash available for investment.
- Act as liason for yearend audits and prepare associated working papers
- Complete and file regulatory reporting where required.
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Manage payroll, AR, AP and reception employees (3 FTE’s)
- Assist DFO where required.
- CPA designation.
- Established experience in above position responsibilities.
- No less than 5 years experience with full cycle accounting.
- Experience with Sage Software, or recognized ERP systems.
- Experience with ADP software an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in not for profit accounting an asset.
- Team player with prior experience managing accounting staff.
A competitive salary is offered along with a generous benefits package. Salary will commensurate with experience. The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal records check clearance prior to start date.
All interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume, attention Human Resources, to [email protected]
This position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest in Stratford Hall; only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Business Controller Canada, E-MobilityTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable futur [...]
Who We Are Tribe Management is part of the Tribe Property Technologies family. We are the sixth largest strata/condo and rental management company in Canada with offices in downtown Vancouver, Delt [...]
House of Bohn is seeking a Financial Controller. House of Bohn is an award-winning Vancouver-based interior design studio known for its adventurous aesthetic, quality craftsmanship and inspired appro [...]
Job description The Purpose The Payroll Administrator reports to the Chief Financial Officer / Controller and is responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for 150 + employee [...]