Land Agent/Land Acquisition Specialist - Telecommunication Experience - Prince George, BC
Join the Canacre team in an exciting role working on leading edge infrastructure projects.
We are technical experts in land, energy, and transportation development delivering accurate, innovative, and agile solutions to our partners. We provide land acquisition, geospatial mapping, data management, web-based GIS, community relations, land feasibility studies, and permitting services. Canacre’s clients include developers, large scale service providers, and government entities that are involved in the planning and development of energy projects, rights of way, resources, and infrastructure across Canada and the United States.
Canacre works on large-scale wind and solar power projects, high-voltage transmission lines, pipeline projects, municipal roads projects, and groupings of cellular towers and rooftop antennas.
At Canacre, we act with honesty and integrity within a culture where trust, collaboration, and teamwork flourish. We commit to diversity, inclusivity and the celebration of successes. Our vision is to foster an environment that promotes inspired and empowered team members who make an impact.
As a member of the Canacre Land Services team, the Land Agent will be primarily responsible for negotiating and acquiring agreements for projects in British Columbia. Your responsibilities will also include ongoing communication with key stakeholders throughout the duration of the project (including clients, landowners and project managers) and to continuously deliver top quality communication and results.
In addition, your role will be to:
- Provide site acquisition expertise to clients and/or engineering/construction personnel
- Negotiate various types of land-use agreements with private landowners and special interest groups
- Communicate and deliver project information to landowners, special interest groups and the community as a whole
- Represent clients and Canacre in community/stakeholder meetings
- Work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Review and understand legal agreements, site plans and large scale project layouts
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Post-secondary education, ideally in geography, GIS, land acquisition/real estate, or a business related discipline
- Land acquisition, real estate experience or familiarity with large-scale commercial construction
- Licensed Real Estate Agent
- Notary Public is considered an asset
- Professional experience working on telecommunication projects
- Ability to work independently with a high level of self-motivation
- A committed team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong reporting and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of land acquisition or real estate negotiation is considered an asset
- Working experience in land acquisition, real estate or familiarity with large-scale municipal commercial construction is considered an asset
- Accreditation, membership and certifications from the IRWA, REIC, OREA, AIC, NAIOP are considered an asset
Given the volume of applications we typically receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants, however, you will be contacted if your experience is a suitable match with one of our upcoming projects.
A condition of employment is a current valid criminal background check. We will require consent to submit a criminal background check on your behalf.
Job Type: Full-time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description WHO ARE WE? We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting th [...]
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing you [...]
Artic Machinery Ltd. is a BC heavy machinery dealership based out of Prince George, BC and we are expanding into the Lower Mainland. We are the BC distributor for XCMG heavy equipment, the 3rd largest [...]
We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced Chefs to lead our culinary teams towards continued success in this ever-evolving industry. As the Chef, you will have the opportunity to lead the culina [...]